+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit requirements in financial terms

Pixi9

Feb 19, 2019
I already know the basic checklist for whats needed to apply for a student permit in canada but not really for financial support. Like what can I use and what sort of documents am I supposed to submit? Can I use assets that my parents own where they earn money from it? If so what documents can I use to prove that? Am I supposed to have a bank account in canada before going there for studies? My parents will provide me financially but WHAT will the VAC want from me too?? To see if im eligible or not?

2b.or.not.2b

Dec 3, 2018
If you are applying under SDS then the basic requirements in financial is one years fees paid upfront plus GIC(CAD 10000). Under non SDS at least a semester fees paid upfront plus GIC(CAD 10000) and either an educational loan for the balance or a sufficient bank balance to cover the balance of your tuition fees and living expenses. If you have any assets in your name and you can provide documents for the same this too would prove your financial capacity.
Since your query was finance specific I haven't outlined the other equally important requirements.

Dirki

Aug 2, 2018
United Arab Emirates
If your parents are employed:
  • Salary Certificates,
  • Bank statements
If your parents are self-employed:
  • Business licenses,
  • Bank statements
In either ways, they must declare a letter of undertaking that they are willing to support your studies in Canada and all expenses of living.