+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student permit refusal

Becky25

Feb 5, 2020
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee

Please how do I go about this because I intend to reapply.
Sorry I'm replying to your post I'm new here and don't know how to create a new thread

ASTON MICHEAL

Feb 7, 2020
Hi I am having the same issue. I just got my final decision today 6th January 2020. i was refused a canadian visa base on the fact that the officer is not sure i will return. how do i prove that. I have sincerely submitted all the requirements and I don't know how more to prove that I will return after my studies. I already have a good paying job through my elder sister and I have been promised more prominent positions immediately after my studies and return from Canada....

Blondiesweet25

Star Member
Oct 29, 2017
South Africa
Category........
FSW
I too was refused based on these general provisions and sometimes its hard to understand or come to terms with some of these reasons.

But il suggest you simply attempt to explain away by countering whatever opinions they may have and if you have documents to prove your point, by all means include it in your LOE.

For example- the point about personal assets and financial status, I in my LOE included documents of 2 properties owned by I and my hubby and broke down all our sources of financial income.

Aston, the end of each reason is what spells out the real reason for the refusal. So while they may start by saying they do not believe you will return, at the end of that statement lies the exact reason which may be .."based on..."

Reactions: CuriousPo

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be

Sorry I'm replying to your post I'm new here and don't know how to create a new thread
Have you tried ordering gcms notes to get a clearer understanding of why you were refused..

Benjena

May 28, 2019
residence.

Let me proof read your sop for you. benerondu@yahoo.com

Benjena

May 28, 2019
Most times our issue is in our sop. Nigerians write one of the worst sops I have come across. They just copy sops from people or use regular or already used statements on the internet. We forgot that Vo's job is just to read sop, do u no how many he or she have read? He knows when ur sop is copy and paste, transparent and workable. Sometimes is agents that do this because an average Nigerian so much believe in the money bags agents. We don't do our app by ourselves and it result to 85% of our refusals. Sop is back bone of app