+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit for minor 6 year and 9 year applying outside Canada info needed.

Robin R

Apr 22, 2013
Hello,

I have come to Canada and am under a "work permit", currently assumed my job two weeks back.
my wife and two sons have to join me.

My Wife and kids applied for "Temporary Resident Visa", the New Delhi Consulate has accepted my
wife's application and rejected that my "Sons", they are basically minor kids, aged 9 years and 6 years
the consulate has asked us to apply "study permit" for my sons.

I am worried a LOT as my "Sons" are school going 4th Grade and 1st Grade, one of the mandatory
requirement for "study permit" is to have "Letter of acceptance from school in Canada".

On inquired in schools, in my place in Brampton, the "schools" they are looking for my sons to be around
for registration, fee and admission. I explained that I can en-roll my kids and pay fees, for which
I need a "Letter of acceptance from school in Canada" without which I am unable to get "study permit"
for my sons as its needed got the Study Permit document check list IMM5483E.

The schools are unable to help me on the above, and my Sons are not getting "study permit" due to
rules of having "Letter of acceptance from school in Canada", I am like very very worried about
the future of my "Sons".

I would like to know is there an exemption, on "Letter of acceptance from school in Canada" ?
for minors. I can apply for "study permit" without them.

I don't want at the New Delhi Consulate to reject again my "sons" application which is been done
by my wife, due to lack of documentation.

Please advice me I am really stuck in a tangle, is there a solution ?

regards,
Robin

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi

Have you actually read the CIC page on study permits for minor children?

Look here http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/minors-documents.asp

Important: Generally, those applying for a study permit, including those at the primary or secondary school level, need to provide a letter of acceptance from the applicable educational institution in Canada. Applicants may provide either the original letter of acceptance or an electronic version.

There is one exception to this requirement: Minor children who are accompanying a family member who has applied and been approved for a work or study permit before entering Canada do not need to provide a letter of acceptance from an educational institution

And avoid the yellow, it's a bit hard to read :)

Robin R

Apr 22, 2013
Hello,

Thanks for the info,.. I had not visited that URL.

Glad you responded, it saved my sleep today.

regards,
Robin

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Robin R said:
Hello,

Thanks for the info,.. I had not visited that URL.

Glad you responded, it saved my sleep today.

regards,
Robin
Glad to have saved your sleep ;)