+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Permit Application Form Questions & SUPPORTING documents question

Rapt0ria

Apr 23, 2009
Hi

My name is Shiraz Ahmed. I'm a Pakistani citizen currently living in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia on a Temporary Resident Visa. I've been offered admission at University of Alberta in M.Eng postgraduate program for January 2010. As for now, I need to apply for Student Permit but I'll need some clarification regarding the form.

- I'm a Pakistani citizen which means that my permanent address is in Pakistan. The sections 2 & 3 ask for correspondence (current) address and "My residential address". As I'm in Riyadh, the current correspondence address would be an address in Riyadh but what about Resident address? Should I go for current Residential address in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia? or fill in permanent address in Pakistan?

- Section 13. During the past 5 years, I've been visiting Saudi Arabia only for a couple of months EVERY year. How am I going to write the dates?

- I've one big confusion. At the time of submitting the Student Permit application, can I attach SUPPORTING documents besides the MANDATORY ones? Or should I save them for later when visa officer calls me for an interview? For xample should I attach the job offer letters, family ties at the time of visa application? Or save these supporting documents for interview? The checklist on the student permit application does not ask for any additional documents.

ahmedj83

Aug 20, 2008
1- current address is in riyadh where you reside.
2- you dont need to mention it as the question clearly asks you to list the countries that you have lived in for 6 months or more.
3- send all the documents at the same time . dont keep documents with you and wait for them to call you. in fact you might not need interview at all.

good luck

Coolutpal

Mar 13, 2020
I have applied for Study Permit through Delhi visa office in India and was successfully registered on January 4, 2020 Medical was done on January 07,2020 and Biometric was done and uploaded successfully on January 10, 2020 now its 8+ weeks passed but yet it shows application under process, Kindly advise!