+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student looking for some input...

paulie2501

Mar 7, 2009
Hi everyone,

I am a 21 y.o. student whose 1 year visa expired about one and a half year ago in Canada. In the meantime I met my presnt fiance and we are planning to get married. I didn't get approved for an extension of the visa and I didn't want to leave the country also and they sent me a removal order which i completely dismissed (moved out from my apartment). I continued working with my expired SIN number.
Now after our relationship has become more solid, my fiance wants to sponsor me and i dont know what to do. I am sincerely affraid that if we start this whole process that I will get in trouble because I heard that immigration issues arrest warrants for people who ignore them? Waht does that mean anyways? Do immigration officers come and get you? I don't want to get in this kind of trouble.

Is that the truth? If that's the truth then how come nobody ever picked me up from my place of work while I was working all this time with an unauthorized SIN number? Or I am just lucky enough not to get caught?
Please help because I really love this woman she is the love of my life and I will do everything to stay with her, EVERYTHING.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You were just lucky they didn't pick you up yet. Even if you put in a sponsorship application, they may still deport you. You should see an immigration lawyer. If you can't afford one, you can try a newcomer centre in your area and see if they have access to a free lawyer there.

paulie2501

Mar 7, 2009
Thank You for replies,

but how to find out if I am under arrest warrant or immigration, youi know I never ygot into any truble with authorities all this time so I don't know? Do you think I am? And do you think they are conected with Cops, the immigration, Cops can get me or who? You think that I should continue working if nobodies asking, we desperately need money for the wedding and everything...