+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student Application for VISA and Study Permit Question

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
Hi,

I met a girl online and have been talking to her everyday for 2 months. I really like her and have definitly authenticated her Name, Address and Phone Number. I sent her money to get her VISA to come here so we could meet. Three weeks ago she said she applied for a Student VISA at Canadian Embassy in Philipines. Today, she told me that all she needed now was 100,000 Pecos to prove that she had the money to travel.

I questioned her about if she needed the local college address here and list of subjects so she could apply. She told me that she did not need this because she was noly getting Student Visa to take one course. She said she did not need a Study Permit? Is this correct?

I am worried that this could be a very elaborate fraud, but I don't want to beleive it, because I have had so many talks, video chats, emails, and even talked to her Mom. But, it seems very odd to me that she can get this application approved now in 2 days if the money is in her account. I have already sent her $2000.00 cdn ofer last 2 months and I am not sure how I can verify if this is real. I mean, I definitly know where she lives because I have had someone go to the house and drop off package to her personally. Would she not be really crazy to be conning me if I could send the police to her house tomorrow?

If anyone can help with some insite to what I wrote above, or the current process for her to obtain application so I can question her if she has completed everything and maybe understand if I am a fool or if this is for real. THANKS - PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
THANK

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

nei23984 said:
Hi,

I met a girl online and have been talking to her everyday for 2 months. I really like her and have definitly authenticated her Name, Address and Phone Number. I sent her money to get her VISA to come here so we could meet. Three weeks ago she said she applied for a Student VISA at Canadian Embassy in Philipines. Today, she told me that all she needed now was 100,000 Pecos to prove that she had the money to travel.

I questioned her about if she needed the local college address here and list of subjects so she could apply. She told me that she did not need this because she was noly getting Student Visa to take one course. She said she did not need a Study Permit? Is this correct?

I am worried that this could be a very elaborate fraud, but I don't want to beleive it, because I have had so many talks, video chats, emails, and even talked to her Mom. But, it seems very odd to me that she can get this application approved now in 2 days if the money is in her account. I have already sent her $2000.00 cdn ofer last 2 months and I am not sure how I can verify if this is real. I mean, I definitly know where she lives because I have had someone go to the house and drop off package to her personally. Would she not be really crazy to be conning me if I could send the police to her house tomorrow?

If anyone can help with some insite to what I wrote above, or the current process for her to obtain application so I can question her if she has completed everything and maybe understand if I am a fool or if this is for real. THANKS - PLEASE HELP ASAP!!!
THANK
You can probably kiss the money goodbye. You can't apply for a study permit for part time studies, you also need an acceptance letter from a Canadian school. It also takes a minimum of about 2 months for a study permit as she would also have to have a medical. It is obvious you have doubts about this.

asad100101

Jun 28, 2010
Karachi
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Neil, where are you from?

Why dont you go to Philipines and marry her there if u really love her. Stop sending her any more money.

You do not need a study permit for a course less than 6 months in Canada.

She had just used you for monetary reasons. Such girls are dime a dozen everytwhere in the world.

nei23984

Sep 29, 2010
Thanks everyone but I am now more confused.

1. She told me the same thing that she did not need study
Permit for a part-time less than 6month course.

So what type of visa is she applying for? She said that
It was still a student type visa and that once she showed
The proof she could afford to do the visit. She would have
Visa in 2 days?

2. My understanding is that we can not marry in philipeans
Because I am divorced and philipines does not recognize
Canadian divorse.

3. I would be willing to fly to her next week to clarify everything
Can I fly there with just my passport for a 3-4 day visit?

arys

Sep 18, 2010
hi nei... i've read ur post and actually im applying for a student visa right now here at phils...

if you are confused, here is the link on how the processing of student visa takes place.. i hope this helps..

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/visas/studying-etudier.aspx?lang=eng

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/philippines/assets/pdfs/study_permit-en.pdf

... i hope everything will be fine...

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You need a visa to enter the Philippines. I think you are being "had" if she's telling you it's a study visa. She could apply for a visit visa, and she could study a short term course of 6 months or less, but if she does not have any work or any property to her name it would be very difficult to obtain a visit visa. Impossible to obtain the visa in two days though. She would have to arrange for the courier to pick up the application package; this along would take a day. It would have to be processed and depending upon the bulk of applicants would take several days. Then it would have to be couriered back to her address which would be another day.

nei23984 said:

Visa in 2 days?

Canadian divorse.

CPAMATRIX

Star Member
Aug 7, 2010
JAMAICA
Category........
Visa Office......
KINGSTON, JAMAICA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2010
IELTS Request
21-8-2010
walk away form the gambling table bro
beauty is a hell of a thing
best to lose $2000 that wat u are about to/...........

In this day and age,
just a simple google search
and you will see that her stories dont add up.
professional con artist

If u need a girl
check jamaica..... straight up and no foolin around
good luck

imlost

Oct 8, 2010
nei23984 said:

Visa in 2 days?

Canadian divorse.

I think I can answer that question. It is actually stated in the site of Citizenship and Immigration Canada that a person can study in Canada without the student permit if program's completion is less than 6 months. Which means she may be applying for another kind of visa which I think is the tourist visa. However, she also has to show a certain amount of money to be able to get the visa. The money is needed to convince the visa officer that the applicant is able to pay the cost of everything including room and board and that he/she would return to the Philippines after the program's completion.

Yes you may fly to the Philippines without a visa. I get it that your Canadian, so you are allowed to stay for 21 days or less.

I hope this helped!