+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Student and Refugee

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
refugeeseeker said:
No its not. At your refugee claimant documents it clear mention you are not allowed to do so. Be4 member give you the claiment documents, you sign a form where it states all previous status is revoked. Reason, incase if your claimant is rejected you are suppose to leave the country as per deportation order.
PS (it apply if you are refugee claimant! But noy for approved refugee protected person after their hearing)
You definitely giving out a very false information indeeed.

Facts:
1. A refugee claimant CAN study as stated in his/her study permit, this information coming from IRCC themselves.
2. I am still studying through the whole process of claiming my refugee status.
3. Now I'm a refugee, I still can study as it was stated in my original study permit.

Please don't mislead other people if you aren't sure with the information as it will confuse them.

betteka

Dec 11, 2015
scylla said:
It's not 100% free. You don't understand how the program is structured.

70% or more of this is a loan which has to be repaid once you finish school.

So not free.
I don't know why you guys are debating over study fees which I already paid for and currently studying ;D ;D

My question was if I apply for working permit will it revoke my current study permit, as a refugee ;)

refugeeseeker

Star Member
Sep 23, 2016
Really... But at my refugee claimant says, I cant study :/ So you apply for student permit.. Because I want to do some studies instead of sitting home.