+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck in a foreign country and waiting for TRV

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Hi all,

I am a Turkish national with a valid PGWP. I finished my Bachelor's degree in Vancouver and found a full-time job right after. I left for vacation in Korea this December but since I didn't apply for a TRV before leaving Canada I wasn't able to board my plane to Vancouver (I explained this situation via webform). It was poor planning on my part and I'm hoping to get my re-entry visa soon. I applied for a TRV as a returning worker on December 24th with the documents below:

- Complete IMM5257E and IMM5257B forms
- Copy of my work permit (it goes until 06/2021)
- Digital photograph (taken within the past 6 months)
- A single PDF that includes a scanned biopage from my current passport, entry stamps for Canada within the past 5 years (they were in my old passport), a valid non-immigrant US visa (B1/B2), entry stamp for US dated for October 2018, entry stamp for US dated for June 2010 (sent via webform), entry stamp for Korea (sent via webform)
- Explanation of the situation and documents including a letter from my employer with my income and role, pay stubs for the past 3 months, softcopy of a lease for my apartment in Vancouver

Manila office is processing the application and it says that 17-18 days are required for the processing. I sent separate emails explaining my situation to the Manila office.

Since December 24, there have not been any updates for my application. I only saw 'Application/profile updated' after a day or two but since then there is absolutely nothing. I saw Bryanna's comment about ghost updates and I was hoping to get an update soon but there is absolutely nothing. I asked Manila office if they would consider processing my application under CAN+ program. I'm stuck in Korea and even though my current employer in Canada allows me to work remotely I just don't know when I'll be able to get my visa. I can only stay here until March 3rd and if my visa doesn't come until then I have no idea about what to do. Anyone who had been in a similar situation before? Please help.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,

I am a Turkish national with a valid PGWP. I finished my Bachelor's degree in Vancouver and found a full-time job right after. I left for vacation in Korea this December but since I didn't apply for a TRV before leaving Canada I wasn't able to board my plane to Vancouver (I explained this situation via webform). It was poor planning on my part and I'm hoping to get my re-entry visa soon. I applied for a TRV as a returning worker on December 24th with the documents below:

- Complete IMM5257E and IMM5257B forms
- Copy of my work permit (it goes until 06/2021)
- Digital photograph (taken within the past 6 months)
- A single PDF that includes a scanned biopage from my current passport, entry stamps for Canada within the past 5 years (they were in my old passport), a valid non-immigrant US visa (B1/B2), entry stamp for US dated for October 2018, entry stamp for US dated for June 2010 (sent via webform), entry stamp for Korea (sent via webform)
- Explanation of the situation and documents including a letter from my employer with my income and role, pay stubs for the past 3 months, softcopy of a lease for my apartment in Vancouver

Manila office is processing the application and it says that 17-18 days are required for the processing. I sent separate emails explaining my situation to the Manila office.

Since December 24, there have not been any updates for my application. I only saw 'Application/profile updated' after a day or two but since then there is absolutely nothing. I saw Bryanna's comment about ghost updates and I was hoping to get an update soon but there is absolutely nothing. I asked Manila office if they would consider processing my application under CAN+ program. I'm stuck in Korea and even though my current employer in Canada allows me to work remotely I just don't know when I'll be able to get my visa. I can only stay here until March 3rd and if my visa doesn't come until then I have no idea about what to do. Anyone who had been in a similar situation before? Please help.

Unfortunately there's really nothing you can do but wait. Processing can take anywhere from a couple of weeks to a few months. It's pretty normal not to see any updates on your application at this point given it was only received December 24th. Also note that several days since December 24th have been holidays with IRCC staff not working or not working full hours - processing slows down during the holidays (including this week).

Hopefully processing does not take longer than March 3rd. If it does, then I guess you will have to consider relocating to Turkey while you wait.

mirahe94

Star Member
Jan 2, 2019
Thanks for the response @scylla. I received a letter for biometric (not BIL) right after submitting this post so hopefully, the processing will be completed within the normal time. Do you know if it's illegal to work remotely for a Canadian employer though?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for the response @scylla. I received a letter for biometric (not BIL) right after submitting this post so hopefully, the processing will be completed within the normal time. Do you know if it's illegal to work remotely for a Canadian employer though?
It is not illegal from a Canadian perspective. I cannot comment on Korean law.

Reactions: mirahe94