+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stuck due to Covid19!!!

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
Hi, everyone.

I received my PPR on 8th March 2020 and completed all formalities by 18th March 2020. My passport was received by Singapore VAC by 23rd of March 2020 and has been shown to be 'under processing' ever since. The VFS in Dhaka, Bangladesh is closed due to Covid19 and will remain so until further notice.

Is anyone else facing any similar difficulties? Can you please share what you are doing or what we are supposed to do? :( :( :(

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is there any chance that my pr can get canceled?
Not unless your situation has changed like having a job offer or you were found to have misrepresented yourself. It is unclear what kind of physician you are or whether you have finished your training in your home country but getting relicensed in Canada is very difficult.

Pranita Joshi

May 26, 2020
Hi! I had also applied for a dependent visa- open work permit on 16th March. My husband is a student in Canada and in such difficult times we are separated and we do know even if we should have any hopes to reunite soon as my husband must stay in Canada for financial reasons. If anyone has had their dependent visa accepted, please let me know.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi! I had also applied for a dependent visa- open work permit on 16th March. My husband is a student in Canada and in such difficult times we are separated and we do know even if we should have any hopes to reunite soon as my husband must stay in Canada for financial reasons. If anyone has had their dependent visa accepted, please let me know.
Visas are being processed, just at a slower rate.

If your work permit is approved, you should assume you will not be able to travel while the travel ban / travel restrictions are in place. Right now they are in place until the end of June.

Reactions: Pranita Joshi

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
Not unless your situation has changed like having a job offer or you were found to have misrepresented yourself. It is unclear what kind of physician you are or whether you have finished your training in your home country but getting relicensed in Canada is very difficult.
I'm a surgeon in my home country. but I'm planning on changing my career track entirely once and when and if I get to land in Canada. Not yet planning for physician's licensure in Canada. It's a very time-consuming and expensive process. Not worth it, in my opinion. Thanks for your reply, btw.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I'm a surgeon in my home country. but I'm planning on changing my career track entirely once and when and if I get to land in Canada. Not yet planning for physician's licensure in Canada. It's a very time-consuming and expensive process. Not worth it, in my opinion. Thanks for your reply, btw.
Have you considered ither countries. Canada makes it very hard for doctors to get relicensed due to lack of residency spots. Meanwhile other countries are trying hard to recruit doctors and they pay well. I assume you plan to return to school.

SameenaH26

Jul 19, 2018
Have you considered ither countries. Canada makes it very hard for doctors to get relicensed due to lack of residency spots. Meanwhile other countries are trying hard to recruit doctors and they pay well. I assume you plan to return to school.
I know Canada is probably not the most comfortable choice for Physicians. I'll probably change my career track completely. What other countries would you happen to have in mind? I know about UK. Anything other than that?

Also, would you happen to know if they'll send me an email or something when my passport is stamped with visa? Or would they just send it back to vfs?