+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Strong Ties to Home Country and Travel History

GuillermoSCM

Apr 25, 2016
Hello Guys:

I am writing to you because I have been recently accepted in a Master´s Program in Simon Fraser University. I live in Chile with my wife (we are both Chileans)

I want to apply for a Study Permit for me and my wife would be applying for an Open Work Permit at the same tame.

My father would take care of all our expenses (for me and my wife) during the 32 month period of my studies. He has en excellent financial situation (properties and mutual funds)

I have 2 questions:

-How can I prove strong ties to my homecountry??? My wife owns a Car, and we both have bank accounts in Chile. We also have our families living here (Parents, brothers and Cousins) Is that enough??

-I´ve heard CiC also considers your "travel history", what does that mean? How do they check my "travel history"??

Thanks in advance!!

Guillermo

NemesisBR

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnipeg
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-06-2018
Interview........
14-08-2018
Passport Req..
14-08-2018 ?
Hey Guillermo,

I'll share my case, which is very close to yours.

I asked my father to write and sign a letter stating that he'll be responsible for program tuition and any expense needed when I'll be there. With this letter, attach your father's passport or ID.

Besides that letter I attached my bank account receipts, payroll checks and tax income documents.

Here's the letter:

To Citizenship and Immigration Canada,

My name is YOUR FATHER'S NAME, a YOUR FATHER'S CITIZENSHIP citizen, born on YOUR FATHER'S BIRTHDAY, and currently residing at YOUR FATHER'S CITY OF RESIDENCE. My cellular contact number is YOUR FATHER'S CELLPHONE NUMBER.

My purpose for writing this letter is to confirm that I vow to pay any education and/or other expenses that my son, YOUR NAME have and/or will have, including international tuition for YOUR COLLEGE AND PROGRAM, which is YOUR PROGRAM TUITION and YOUR PROGRAM AMOUNT ON SUPPLIES regarding books and supplies. He is a YOUR CITIZENSHIP citizen, to come to Canada for the purpose of study. He was born on YOUR BIRTHDAY in YOUR CITY OF RESIDENCE. His current address is YOUR ADDRESS, YOUR COUNTRY IF RESIDENCE. His phone number is YOUR CELLPHONE NUMBER.

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

GuillermoSCM

Apr 25, 2016
NemesisBR said:
Hey Guillermo,

I'll share my case, which is very close to yours.

I asked my father to write and sign a letter stating that he'll be responsible for program tuition and any expense needed when I'll be there. With this letter, attach your father's passport or ID.

Besides that letter I attached my bank account receipts, payroll checks and tax income documents.

Here's the letter:

Thank you man, 2 questions:

-You applied for a study permit and your wife applied for an Open Work Permit??

-Were you, and your wife, accepted??

GuillermoSCM

Apr 25, 2016
Hi Nemesis!

Thank you man, 2 questions:

-You applied for a study permit and your wife applied for an Open Work Permit??

-Were you, and your wife, accepted??

haris00

Aug 15, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13th Oct,2016
Doc's Request.
Med's Request
24th Oct,2016
Med's Done....
3rd Nov, 2016 (passed on 11th Nov, 2016)
Passport Req..
21-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
25-11-2016
If you have traveled to a first world country and then returned back in time that implies that it is probable (not must though) that you would also leave Canada at the end of your study permit.

This can also be proved if you have strong ties at home. And by strong I mean "strong". For example

1. Land on your name at home country
2. Your entire family at home country (and by family, i mean wife and children whom you cannot leave behind, and NOT parents or siblings. Though parents and siblings show something, but I believe that they are not part of "strong ties")
3. A strong SOP that would imply that you have lot of opportunity in your home country that would force you to return back to your country.
4. And finally, the "intentions" for travelling that would be proved when you would explain in your SOP that this course is indeed relevant in your career and you can get a substantial benefit out of the course. It should also indicate that your real goals are in your home country and this is just a temporary part of your life which would help you to achieve your end goals