+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still processing - SDS study visa applied in June 2024

Atul_K

Mar 1, 2021
Anyone who applied in June still waiting for results??

I applied for SDS visa in July 2024, along with my spouse and 1.5-year-old child, for a Master's program at a Public University in Ontario with a January 2025 intake.
The day after submission, the status for all three applications—student, spouse, and child—was updated as follows:

• Eligibility: Not yet initiated.
  • Background check: In progress. We will notify you if further information is required. (not applicable for child)
  • Biometrics: Completed and updated on the same day.( not applicable for child)
  • Medical: No updates yet.(did upfront medical)
A week later, the status "Application/profile updated" appeared for the student application. However, It's been over a month now, and there haven't been any further updates.

Poovacanada

Aug 4, 2024
I applied for SDS visa in July 2024, along with my spouse and 1.5-year-old child, for a Master's program at a Public University in Ontario with a January 2025 intake.
The day after submission, the status for all three applications—student, spouse, and child—was updated as follows:

• Eligibility: Not yet initiated.
  • Background check: In progress. We will notify you if further information is required. (not applicable for child)
  • Biometrics: Completed and updated on the same day.( not applicable for child)
  • Medical: No updates yet.(did upfront medical)
A week later, the status "Application/profile updated" appeared for the student application. However, It's been over a month now, and there haven't been any further updates.
Where exactly “Application/profile updated” status is shown?

Jordann_

Jun 26, 2024
App. Filed.......
06-05-2024
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-02-2024
Interview........
Not required

Chirantar

Feb 5, 2019
My sister applied for a Master's program that begins on September 4th. We received a request for passport submission today, but it's not feasible to submit it by the deadline, even if we send it tomorrow. We are considering deferring her admission to the January intake.

In this case, will we need to reapply for the study visa, or can we use the existing visa if the new intake date is within 150 days of the original start date?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

akash08

Star Member
Jul 29, 2024
My sister applied for a Master's program that begins on September 4th. We received a request for passport submission today, but it's not feasible to submit it by the deadline, even if we send it tomorrow. We are considering deferring her admission to the January intake.

In this case, will we need to reapply for the study visa, or can we use the existing visa if the new intake date is within 150 days of the original start date?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Hi, from what I've read, if you have deferred to the next semester, you can apply for a study permit extension closer to the permit end date. You just need to carry the deferred LOA to show it to the immigration officer at the airport. Would be great if someone who has already gone through this process can corroborate.

Can you please share your sister's study permit timeline? Which country did you apply from, and was it SDS or non-SDS?

manpreet27

Sep 10, 2013
Hi, from what I've read, if you have deferred to the next semester, you can apply for a study permit extension closer to the permit end date. You just need to carry the deferred LOA to show it to the immigration officer at the airport. Would be great if someone who has already gone through this process can corroborate.

Can you please share your sister's study permit timeline? Which country did you apply from, and was it SDS or non-SDS?
Hello do we have to upload new LOA jan 2025 using webform in case file is currently under processing for fall 2024 to notify IRCC?