+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

STEPS AFTER COPR DURING COVID-19 PANDEMIC

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
I got my PR approved and finally have COPR. What are the next steps? My work permit expires on June 7, 2020. Can I still work in Canada if I don't get a chance to do landing because of COVID-19? Please can anyone please help me out. Thank you!

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
@usb1609 You might get your PR within a few days after the approval. I got my PR without the landing process given the circumstances.

usb1609

Mar 30, 2018
Thank you for quick reply. I have clarifications, can you help to clarify me.

1. I received COPR for me and dependant and we are Inland applicants. So as per your experience, do we receive PR card without landing process ?

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
@usb1609 My case was Express Entry and so it might be different than your case but in my case, I received PR without landing process because the US borders are closed (unable to do flagpoling) and the landing appointments are cancelled. Upon receiving an official document proving that I'm a PR, I was able to apply for my PR card. I'm still waiting for it to come out though.

usb1609

Mar 30, 2018
Ok, Thank you. Thats correct. It depends on case to case. Let me findout.

Anyhow thanks for your help. I will pray you get your PR card soon.

nancyjean

Star Member
Oct 18, 2019
Hi, I got my CoPR on June 1st week. In the letter it said I can mail the immigration office a copy of my CoPR letter and a pic for the PR card due to lockdown. I still have not heard back from them. what should I do? I know there are a lot of delays but Im so anxious. Also, Can I apply for permanent SIN and health card with this CoPR letter. There is no landing stamp on it so I am not sure if I can do it or not. I am so confused. Please help.

hynskw

Feb 25, 2019
@nancyjean hey sorry for the late reply. Did u get ur pr card? I got my pr card 3-4months after sending my photo and the copy of copr to the respective office. And yes i was able to apply for a new SIN number with the copr.