+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Staying in Ontario after graduation

Aug 26, 2017
Hello every one,
I'm admitted at the university of Ottawa to do a Master. And i tend to stay in Ontario after graduation, my question is about PR fees and process time. Do you have any idea?
At the same time i'm admitted in a master at Laval university in Quebec. And i can't take a decision which province will be the easiest to get it's PR.
Could please help me make a decision?
Thanks

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Well assume you have started by looking at the PGWP program to stay post your masters and get some Canadian work experience before you apply for PR ?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/students/post-grad.asp

How long is your masters course for as there are special provisions for a PGWP post a masters depending on the length of the course.

Others may disagree but really there is no such thing as getting PR easily you still of course have to meet all the criteria but getting the all important Canadian experience behind you as well as the masters will help. Quebec being a French speaking province has its own special criteria so might not be the easiest option especially if a non French speaker.

As for fees and process time all the info you need is on the CIC site and whilst anyone here can post the info by doing the research yourself you will get a much clearer view of the process yourself and then come back here with specific questions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Before asking about PR and fees I would wait until I received my study permit. You are many steps and years ahead of yourself.

Aug 26, 2017
Do you know French? Laval is primarily a French university and Quebec is a primarily French city.
Thanks for answering. I wanna say that i do know french and english and don't struggle in both languages just need some practice that's all. I'm currently in Canada and already have a study permit and got two admissions once at Laval university (Quebec) and the second at Ottawa university (Ontario). My question was about the fees to get the PR in Ontario after graduation and making decision to choose the best province that i would study in and immigrate after.

Regards

Aug 26, 2017
Before asking about PR and fees I would wait until I received my study permit. You are many steps and years ahead of yourself.
Thanks for answering. I wanna say that i do know french and english and don't struggle in both languages just need some practice that's all. I'm currently in Canada and already have a study permit and got two admissions once at Laval university (Quebec) and the second at Ottawa university (Ontario). My question was about the fees to get the PR in Ontario after graduation and making decision to choose the best province that i would study in and immigrate after.

Regards

Aug 26, 2017
Well assume you have started by looking at the PGWP program to stay post your masters and get some Canadian work experience before you apply for PR ?

How long is your masters course for as there are special provisions for a PGWP post a masters depending on the length of the course.

Others may disagree but really there is no such thing as getting PR easily you still of course have to meet all the criteria but getting the all important Canadian experience behind you as well as the masters will help. Quebec being a French speaking province has its own special criteria so might not be the easiest option especially if a non French speaker.

As for fees and process time all the info you need is on the CIC site and whilst anyone here can post the info by doing the research yourself you will get a much clearer view of the process yourself and then come back here with specific questions. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp.
Hi,
Thank you so much for the answer. But i would like to clarify something my master is 2 years full time study and i think this qualifies me to ask for PR in Ontario without work experience all i've to do is meeting other conditions that i already know. In Ontario we apply for OINP ( Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) but my question was about the fees because in the OINP we pay $1500 and apply directly on their website so if i pay $1500 should i pay after for the PR too or all the fees are included in the OINP procedure? And if i choose to study in Quebec would it be better for me instead Ontario?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 26, 2017

Hi,
Thank you so much for the answer. But i would like to clarify something my master is 2 years full time study and i think this qualifies me to ask for PR in Ontario without work experience all i've to do is meeting other conditions that i already know. In Ontario we apply for OINP ( Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program) but my question was about the fees because in the OINP we pay $1500 and apply directly on their website so if i pay $1500 should i pay after for the PR too or all the fees are included in the OINP procedure? And if i choose to study in Quebec would it be better for me instead Ontario?

Thanks in advance.

Aug 26, 2017

Regards