+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory Questions Questions After Applying for the 2nd Time

Denis-ne

Jun 27, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My first Express Entry application was rejected for the following reason:
Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
I did not include a copy of my spouse's passport.

I've created a new EE application and about to apply for the second time. In my "application/profile details" Form, in a "Statutory Questions" section I have to questions:

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Do I have to answer Yes for both of these questions? Or one? Or none?
If I answer Yes, should I explain my answer in a letter of explanation?

I will be most grateful if someone can shed some light upon this mystery.

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Denis-ne said:
My first Express Entry application was rejected for the following reason: "Your application is rejected for being incomplete." I did not include a copy of my spouse's passport.

I've created a new EE application and about to apply for the second time. In my "application/profile details" Form, in a "Statutory Questions" section I have to questions:

1. Has ***** you been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has ***** ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Do I have to answer Yes for both of these questions? Or one? Or none?
If I answer Yes, should I explain my answer in a letter of explanation?

I will be most grateful if someone can shed some light upon this mystery.
Did your letter said "refused" or "cancelled"? because technically you were not rejected. Your application was cancelled because it was incomplete. In this case, you don't have to say yes. If the letter said rejected, then you should answer yes. Once you answer yes, there will be a text box open where you can write your explanation and state the reason for that.

Denis-ne

Jun 27, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is the exact citation from the message from CIC:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has assessed your application for permanent
residence. We have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of a
complete application
as described in sections 10 and 12.01 of the Immigration and Refugee
Protection Regulations. Your application is rejected for being incomplete.
Specifically, your application does not include the following elements:
- Copy of passport/travel documents
Passport for ***** was not provided.
Note: A full review of your application was not performed. There may be other elements, not
identified above, which may also be missing or incomplete.
Refund of fees
As we are rejecting your application, CIC will refund the fees that you have paid. This includes a
refund of the processing fee and the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, if you have already paid
this fee.

Did your letter said "refused" or "cancelled"? because technically you were not rejected. Your application was cancelled because it was incomplete. In this case, you don't have to say yes. If the letter said rejected, then you should answer yes. Once you answer yes, there will be a text box open where you can write your explanation and state the reason for that.
Unfortunately, there are no additional text boxes appearing after I choose Yes.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
Since it was rejected you can say yes but include a letter of explanation. Be sure to include any information on previous visas that were denied, if so be the case.

Denis-ne

Jun 27, 2015
Moscow, Russia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
YamPower said:
Since it was rejected you can say yes but include a letter of explanation. Be sure to include any information on previous visas that were denied, if so be the case.
Thank you. I will choose "Yes" for both questions and then explain what it means in a letter of explanation.

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
Denis-ne said:
Thank you. I will choose "Yes" for both questions and then explain what it means in a letter of explanation.
Dear Denis,
i am in same situation, so did you chose both options?

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
abdulqayyum said:
Dear Denis,
i am in same situation, so did you chose both options?
This is somehow related:

If the application was never formally accepted for processing, we don't count it as an application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1126&top=29

I think the answer should be "yes" since all applications under EE are formally accepted and given an application number.

Still, this will probably have no effect in your application since the reason for rejection doesn't raise any red flags.

Reactions: Punjamkalkal

abdulqayyum

Dec 22, 2013
muxican said:
This is somehow related:

If the application was never formally accepted for processing, we don't count it as an application.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1126&top=29

I think the answer should be "yes" since all applications under EE are formally accepted and given an application number.

Still, this will probably have no effect in your application since the reason for rejection doesn't raise any red flags.
so it is not very critical, anyhow i had selected following item as 'YES' in e-APR

"Has You ever been refused a visa or permit,denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country"

BUT in 'Schedule A Background Declaration form' which they require me to refill, this option doesn't exists, so i will select following option which i think suits in same situation

d) been refused refugee status, an immigration or permanent resident visa (including a certificate de selection du quebec ....) or visitor or temp resident visa ....

do you think it may create any problem ?

muxican

Star Member
Feb 22, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-02-2016
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
27-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
04-02-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
11-07-2016
VISA ISSUED...
15-07-2016
abdulqayyum said:
so it is not very critical, anyhow i had selected following item as 'YES' in e-APR

"Has You ever been refused a visa or permit,denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country"

BUT in 'Schedule A Background Declaration form' which they require me to refill, this option doesn't exists, so i will select following option which i think suits in same situation

d) been refused refugee status, an immigration or permanent resident visa (including a certificate de selection du quebec ....) or visitor or temp resident visa ....

do you think it may create any problem ?
I think Schedule A is just a more detailed version of the questions asked in EE:

"Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Can be broken down into questions d) and e) in Schedule 4 so just answer according to your case.

ragulmohan

May 24, 2015
Hi guys, I am new here and need help..
Hi,
I am planning to list my profile in Express Entry, need some advise from you. I have written my scenario below-

I was on a trip to Hong Kong with a return ticket to India dated 28 days exactly from the date i entered. I tried to extend the Visa-on-arrival (14 days validity) by going back from Macau, I was denied entry and sent back to Macau without given proper time to get my things ( education certificates, money and luggage).

Since i have the return ticket from HK, I travelled to HK from Macau on 1 June 2014 to retrieve my things and get back to India. However I was denied to enter again and asked to return to Macau.

When I was denied to enter HK, both times I was asked to sign some documents about refusing to allow inside HK but they didn't stamp anything on my passport.

Later though i didn't travel, I applied for Singapore and Malaysia visa in India and the Visa is issued for both countries without any issues.

Please advise if this would be a problem while applying for Canada immigration. Should I have to mention this in application form, if so are there chances to get immigration?

Thanks for your help!

ShadowUU

Jun 19, 2018
What did you answer... I am in the same position at the moment.
Would love to know your answer to both questions..
Yes or No