+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status Updates?? Timing?? Pls help!!

impatient_queen

Star Member
Mar 21, 2010

Hello All,

My name is Amanda, I am a canadian citizen. My husband used to live in the states and then got sent back to Guyana (was my boyfriend at the time). When he went back to Guyana we got married and I submitted all our applications to the Mississauga office on October 9, 2009. It was received by CPC-Mississauga on October 12, 2009. A decision was made on October 26, 2009 and I received a letter of sponsorship approval on November 1, 2009. :) My husband's Permanent Residence package was sent to Port-of-Spain, Trinidad (processes applications for Guyana) and they started processing it on November 23, 2009. On December 24, 2009 we received a confirmation letter from Port-of-Spain, Trinidad stating that they started processing his file and they also gave us his Immigration File Number. Now we're waiting on a decision I guess??!!??!! QUESTION: Does anyone know what happens next?

Also, when we submitted our package we did not include his police clearance from the states as we did not receive it at the time, when we did receive it...we sent it in (Jan 10/10) but up to now there's no status update on his file or mine. QUESTION: When Port-of-Spain, Trinidad receives any documents do they update the site?
QUESTION: Anyone sent back from the states, did you get a FBI police clearance or just the one from the individual state you're living in?

I also submitted "additional documents proving on-going relationship" (also in Jan '10) and once again, no status update. QUESTION: Can someone please tell me if they've also submitted "additional documents" and what happened??

Thank you for reading my query, I hope someone can help with some answers for me and give me back some hope that I've lost...and I'll try to do the same for you.

-Amanda

Timeline:
CPC-M Rec'd Appl: Oct 12/09.
Start Proccess: Oct 26/09.
CPC-M Desc Made: Oct 26/09
Rec'd Ltr of Appr: Nov 1/09 :D
PR Appl opened in POS: Nov 23/09
Rec'd Conf Ltr from POS: Dec 24/09

confusednscared

Feb 2, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Outland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-06-2009 CPC-M
Doc's Request.
NONE
Med's Request
2009, 2010
Interview........
14-09-2010
Passport Req..
02-08-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-08-2011
LANDED..........
14-09-2011
you just have to wait wait wait on the POS office. I am in a similar situation as your husband's except I was sent back from Canada for a failed PRRA application. I entered Canada though as a minor and lived most of my life very clean, rewarding and studied at a university.

It's 8 months since my application has been in POS and I still haven't received any response beside AOR from them.

Please let me know how things roll for you