+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status of visitor visa after withdrawn refugee claim in canada

Ali977

Jul 22, 2024
Last year, I voluntarily withdrew my asylum claim in Canada before my hearing and returned to my home country. I had entered Canada on a visitor visa, which is valid until 2025, and applied for asylum at an international airport in Canada. When I left Canada, there was no cancellation stamp on my passport. My question is, is my visitor visa still valid, or has it been cancelled?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Last year, I voluntarily withdrew my asylum claim in Canada before my hearing and returned to my home country. I had entered Canada on a visitor visa, which is valid until 2025, and applied for asylum at an international airport in Canada. When I left Canada, there was no cancellation stamp on my passport. My question is, is my visitor visa still valid, or has it been cancelled?
Should have been cancelled, if it shows Counterfoil Invalid on your Gckey account..

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Because i have to apply business visitor visa to australia.
The Aussies will definitely see that record when they do info search..They may think you want to file another Refugee claim this time with business visa, but its up to them to make decision.

Ali977

Jul 22, 2024
Could voluntarily withdrawing a refugee claim in Canada impact my ability to obtain a visa from another country? Although, i have travelled more than 12 countries including europe and the uk before i applied refugee claim in canada

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Could voluntarily withdrawing a refugee claim in Canada impact my ability to obtain a visa from another country? Although, i have travelled more than 12 countries including europe and the uk before i applied refugee claim in canada
What time did you withdraw your claim? was it after claim referred to RPD or before?

Ali977

Jul 22, 2024
Thank you for prompt reply. Fyi i was travelling t canada frequently before my refugee claim in canada.

Ali977

Jul 22, 2024
My claim was genuine. After some months, the situation in my country normalized, so I withdrew the claim.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
My claim was genuine. After some months, the situation in my country normalized, so I withdrew the claim.
That is according to you, but to the Immigration you are inadmissible in Canada, that will affect your chances of obtaining visa from other countries.