+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

statement of purpose for study permit

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
Dears

I am applying for a study permit. my program is of two years which make eligible for a postgraduate work permit of 3 years.
can I mention this to the visa officer by telling him that my goal after graduation is to work in Canada by having PGWP?
or can I say that I don't have to stay in Canada illegally because I will be eligible to work permit?

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
You should focus on how attending a course will benefit your career prospects when you return to your home country and not that your goal is to get a PGWP.

Reality is that everyone wants a PGWP or PR but IRCC will be looking to be convinced that is not your sole purpose of studying in Canada so maybe leave that out given worst case you could fail the purpose of study condition.

Above my personal view only

Last edited:

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
that makes sense. but my visa refused 3 times because the officer was not convinced that I will leave. that was the reason I wanted to mention PGWP

naureen8

Oct 17, 2018
Dubai
Category........
CEC
that makes sense. but my visa refused 3 times because the officer was not convinced that I will leave. that was the reason I wanted to mention PGWP

Can you give some background on your studies, job and the program/university you've applied to? I believe there might be some mis-alignment in there which is hinting the visa officer that you want to study there because you want to settle there.

Under no circumstance is it advisable to indicate your intentions of working there after studies. All legal advisors will also say the same.

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
If you have already been refused 3 times, you have less than a 5% chance of getting it approved. You will really need to perfect your next application to get it approved.

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
Can you give some background on your studies, job and the program/university you've applied to? I believe there might be some mis-alignment in there which is hinting the visa officer that you want to study there because you want to settle there.

Under no circumstance is it advisable to indicate your intentions of working there after studies. All legal advisors will also say the same.
i studied electronics and communication engineering, worked for 8 years as an engineer and I have been accepted into a PG diploma wireless networking Lambton college.

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
If you have already been refused 3 times, you have less than a 5% chance of getting it approved. You will really need to perfect your next application to get it approved.
I don't think its always the case. my short term UK study visa rejected 2 times and 3 months ago it was approved. however, what's your recommendation.

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
do you advise to make full program payment instead of first-year payment to show that I am serious with my study?

Impatient Dankaroo

VIP Member
Jan 10, 2020
Apply to a Master's program. You have 8 years of experience and an Bachelor's in Engineering. It doesn't make sense for you to do a PG diploma unless your plan is to settle and the Visa officers know that too.

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
Apply to a Master's program. You have 8 years of experience and an Bachelor's in Engineering. It doesn't make sense for you to do a PG diploma unless your plan is to settle and the Visa officers know that too.
my GPA does not qualify me for a master's program. master program in Canada need high GPA

Naijaboy

Dec 29, 2019
Dears

I am applying for a study permit. my program is of two years which make eligible for a postgraduate work permit of 3 years.
can I mention this to the visa officer by telling him that my goal after graduation is to work in Canada by having PGWP?
or can I say that I don't have to stay in Canada illegally because I will be eligible to work permit?
Don't even mention that cause it's like you are trying to convince them you would go back to your home country, and you saying all that.....all is don't mention if even you are gonna work after studies.

karo89

Nov 18, 2018
Unfortunately, there is nothing I can say to help you with that. I am just telling you how it looks as an outsider (and maybe in the eyes of the VO) taking into account your profile.
you are right, but PG is still a good option for a lot of engineers especially those who work in installation and testing. master is good for designers and R&D people.