+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Congrats! the online portal probably hasn't been updated yet. Just curious to know when did submit your application and whether it was paper based or online? Congrats once again!
Thank you Hasin!
Feb 24, 2020
You can find the full timeline in my previous comments on July 25th

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Based on my experience you get GU when something has changed in your application. I had a GU on my PR application 5 days before pr approval!
Thank you so much for your reply. I have the same idea too and hopefully getting PPR soon.
Actually, I received the second GU on min and my dependents (Spouse and Children) on Aug 17th and still waiting.
The first GU that I received was on June 30 and it was only for me.
Can you please check my timeline in the signature and let me know your thought? Thanks

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
Thank you so much for your reply. I have the same idea too and hopefully getting PPR soon.
Actually, I received the second GU on min and my dependents (Spouse and Children) on Aug 17th and still waiting.
The first GU that I received was on June 30 and it was only for me.
Can you please check my timeline in the signature and let me know your thought? Thanks
I didn’t catch what the signature is!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
I didn’t catch what the signature is!
Here is my timeline, can you please let me know your thought?
Work Permit for SUV
NOC: 8888
Iran - Canadian Embassy is in Ankara Turkey
Confirmation of Online Application Transmission: December 12, 2021
Submission Confirmation: December 12, 2021
Biometrics Collection Letter: December 13, 2021
Biometrics: December 23, 2021, Completed.
Review of eligibility: March 04, 2022, Started.
First Ghost Update: June 30, 2022
Second Ghost Update: August 17, 2022
Review of medical results: No need
Review of additional documents: No Need
Interview: No Need
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

FarzHa

Feb 5, 2022
I don’t have any idea about WP. “I’ve heard” Ankara office is so busy and applications take over a year to be approved!

Here is my WP timeline:
June 2020 Apply
Feb 2021 Approved
May 2021 Landed (Expired May 2022)
May 2022 Apply Extended work permit
(3 months extended to September 2022 as processing time)
Withdrawal 18 Aug 2022 after PR got approved

Reactions: Nightbirde

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
I don’t have any idea about WP. “I’ve heard” Ankara office is so busy and applications take over a year to be approved!

Here is my WP timeline:
June 2020 Apply
Feb 2021 Approved
May 2021 Landed (Expired May 2022)
May 2022 Apply Extended work permit
(3 months extended to September 2022 as processing time)
Withdrawal 18 Aug 2022 after PR got approved
Thanks and have a good one!

bezzad

Aug 16, 2016
Hello everyone,
We have applied for the SUV program to start our business in Canada and expand it globally. The incubator company has approved our case and is ready to issue the LOS. They said that we all have to apply for the work permit and PR in tandem. There are 4 of us as essential applicant applying for this case.
My wife is applying for a study permit in next a few months. And I want to apply for an open work permit as soon as her student visa is approved.
  • Is it possible to apply for an open work permit while I have an open case for the close work permit and PR in our SUV case?
  • The incubator company doesn't issue out LOS. Is it good idea if I ask them to exclude me from applying for the work permit?
  • If not, can I ask them to change me from essential to non-essential? And as a non-essential applicant, does applying for an open work permit will have negative affect on my PR case?
Thank you.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hello everyone,
We have applied for the SUV program to start our business in Canada and expand it globally. The incubator company has approved our case and is ready to issue the LOS. They said that we all have to apply for the work permit and PR in tandem. There are 4 of us as essential applicant applying for this case.
My wife is applying for a study permit in next a few months. And I want to apply for an open work permit as soon as her student visa is approved.
  • Is it possible to apply for an open work permit while I have an open case for the close work permit and PR in our SUV case?
  • The incubator company doesn't issue out LOS. Is it good idea if I ask them to exclude me from applying for the work permit?
  • If not, can I ask them to change me from essential to non-essential? And as a non-essential applicant, does applying for an open work permit will have negative affect on my PR case?
Thank you.
Be as an essential does not force you or make any obligation for you to apply for the work permit. You can simply miss it. It is mot wise to have two active work permit application, a lawyer told me.

bezzad

Aug 16, 2016
Be as an essential does not force you or make any obligation for you to apply for the work permit. You can simply miss it. It is mot wise to have two active work permit application, a lawyer told me.
You are right.
What about PR application? Can I apply for an open work permit while I have an open case for my PR in SUV case?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
You are right.
What about PR application? Can I apply for an open work permit while I have an open case for my PR in SUV case?
Yes, first of all you are not going to get PR file number any sooner than a 1 year, meaning you will not have an active PR when you apply for wp. Second, CIC says you can apply for any temporary when you have active PR.

Reactions: bezzad

aattmm

Aug 18, 2022
Hi all
Do you know if one in startup team receives his work permit,does it means that the others will receive it soon, or it doesn't matter?
there are two essential in team

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi all
Do you know if one in startup team receives his work permit,does it means that the others will receive it soon, or it doesn't matter?
there are two essential in team
It is highly likely to get soon. How much did it take to get WP?