+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Jul 30, 2024
Hello Everyone,
Is it really necessary to apply for a WP? I want to wait until I hear news about my PR application. I mean, not applying for a WP hurts my PR application. I can handle my startup business from my country, so why should I come to Canada?

nebula2

Jul 29, 2024
Hello Everyone,
Is it really necessary to apply for a WP? I want to wait until I hear news about my PR application. I mean, not applying for a WP hurts my PR application. I can handle my startup business from my country, so why should I come to Canada?
Got similar confusion. I don't want to apply WP or move, before some final news is received about PR.

So has anyone else done it? And do incubators agree to it?

Reactions: WatertonEnterprises

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@Fantastic-user @umaira17 @Anas2610 did any of you decide not to move to Canada on work permit?

with regards to above post, we want to stay back in home country until PR decision comes. Is that allowed, and do incubators agree to it?
Hi,
I saw you guys have the same question in this forum recently. I thought you would read carefully how SUV work in IRCC Canada....(Eligiibility...?!)? Sorry I have not enough time at this moment to give you all details and the link as I should do...But all of my experiences and understandings: I do confirm that you can stay in your own country and do your current job to make money for the next coming far immigration even not in the project which you have applied...AS LONG AS you have to confirm that your project will have to operate in Canada (after getting PR)...There are some very some seldom cases => IRCC may ask you the ADR...but it seems to be not important...! Hope it help somehow...Wish all of us will get the Canada Dream (I am not yet)

Reactions: WatertonEnterprises

nebula2

Jul 29, 2024
Hi,
I saw you guys have the same question in this forum recently. I thought you would read carefully how SUV work in IRCC Canada....(Eligiibility...?!)? Sorry I have not enough time at this moment to give you all details and the link as I should do...But all of my experiences and understandings: I do confirm that you can stay in your own country and do your current job to make money for the next coming far immigration even not in the project which you have applied...AS LONG AS you have to confirm that your project will have to operate in Canada (after getting PR)...There are some very some seldom cases => IRCC may ask you the ADR...but it seems to be not important...! Hope it help somehow...Wish all of us will get the Canada Dream (I am not yet)
Hi @Kai Nemo , thanks for replying! Yes, on paper it seems like it is allowed that you can stay outside Canada while PR application is being processed.

Just wanted to know how personal experiences have been of people specially those who chose not to move to Canada, and how did they address ADR requests concerning business progress.

Did you also not move to Canada? So you didn't start working on your startup yet?

Anas2610

Nov 9, 2022
@Fantastic-user @umaira17 @Anas2610 did any of you decide not to move to Canada on work permit?

with regards to above post, we want to stay back in home country until PR decision comes. Is that allowed, and do incubators agree to it?
I already moved to Canada, waiting for the PR decision. If you can make progress from outside Canada while having an impact on the local Canadian market, you can keep waiting for your PR without WP application. But you must have a local person to manage it for you for a convincing case and a convening progress status, which will be costly.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

abufaris76

Mar 23, 2024
hi,
i have received today a Medical Examination Instructions Letter, although i have done it already on NOV 2023. so this is the second exact letter for medical test. Any idea what is going on or what is the purpose of this despite the existing medical test expited on Oct 2024.

appreciate your advise.....

this is my timeline
1- Application started processing in April 2022,
2- Medical Done Nov2023
3- Request for additional information has been submitted many times.
4- We received PAL on Jan 2024....
5- Received request regarding our Business and our roles and updated Cv. in March 2024...

Jul 21, 2024
hi,
i have received today a Medical Examination Instructions Letter, although i have done it already on NOV 2023. so this is the second exact letter for medical test. Any idea what is going on or what is the purpose of this despite the existing medical test expited on Oct 2024.

this is my timeline
2- Medical Done Nov2023
5- Received request regarding our Business and our roles and updated Cv. in March 2024...
I believe it is a good sign. I got a 2nd medical examination request in April 2024, then PPR in June 2024.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi @Kai Nemo , thanks for replying! Yes, on paper it seems like it is allowed that you can stay outside Canada while PR application is being processed.

Just wanted to know how personal experiences have been of people specially those who chose not to move to Canada, and how did they address ADR requests concerning business progress.

Did you also not move to Canada? So you didn't start working on your startup yet?
Hi,
My answer is : Many of my friends and the ones I know at least 10++ I can't count!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
hi,

this is my timeline
2- Medical Done Nov2023
Hi,
This is the great news for you! In your case, IRCC saw that your med is going to be expired so they will decide whether you will be extended or re-med. In your case is re-med. Reading your timeline, I bet with you that you will get the COPR within one month at the latest. I do hope I can win this deal....I assume that you wish you will lose my "bet".
Anyhow, in my point of view, I am really sure you are going to get what you expect within a couple of months!!!

Reactions: abufaris76

abufaris76

Mar 23, 2024
Hi,
This is the great news for you! In your case, IRCC saw that your med is going to be expired so they will decide whether you will be extended or re-med. In your case is re-med. Reading your timeline, I bet with you that you will get the COPR within one month at the latest. I do hope I can win this deal....I assume that you wish you will lose my "bet".
Anyhow, in my point of view, I am really sure you are going to get what you expect within a couple of months!!!
Thank you bro, i wish you win this bet for sure, what about you, did you got your COPR?

shazi12

Jul 27, 2024
hi,
Can you u please explain point 3 ....what additional information they asked many times ?

this is my timeline
2- Medical Done Nov2023

xander78

Nov 17, 2023
hi

can you elaborate more on the local person? can the local person be a consultant I hired in Canada, or the person has to be a team member in startup?

I already moved to Canada, waiting for the PR decision. If you can make progress from outside Canada while having an impact on the local Canadian market, you can keep waiting for your PR without WP application. But you must have a local person to manage it for you for a convincing case and a convening progress status, which will be costly.

olavomello

Aug 7, 2024
Hey Guys,

this is my Timeline. I'd like your opinion about when/what would be the next update:

Timeline : Startup Visa - (CWP + OWP + SP) + PR

01/23/22 - Incubation - Start
02/04/22 - Incubation - End - Alpha
03/16/22 - PITCH Presentation
04/04/22 - Incubation - Beta
06/20/22 - LOS (letter of support)
07/06/22 - Exams Upfront (Brazil)
08/02/22 - Biometry
08/02/22 - CWP + OWP + SP application
08/16/22 - PR application
11/09/22 - Temporary visa approval
12/12/23 - LOS update
12/13/23 - Visa extension CWP + SP
11/27/23 - Exams Upfront (Canada)
06/04/24 - Visa extension approval
03/14/24 - AOR received
03/14/24 - Updates request
03/14/24 - Biometry and Exams - My son (Brazil)
06/06/24 - Updates request - docs sent

... waiting

Thanks

suv24

Jun 3, 2023
Are there any applicants from 2020 or early 2021 still waiting for approval? I applied in February 2021 and haven’t received any updates on the final decision, even though all assessments have been passed.