+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Starting Sponsor application but have a few questions

ali_c

Jul 23, 2015
Hi everyone

I went to the Canadian Embassy in London UK as I am a Canadian and want to sponsor my husband to move to Canada with me but alas they were of no help at all and just kept telling me to go to the website, which I had already done hence the questions I had.

here are the things I tried to ask - just wondering if you experienced guys can help please :

Where do I hand in my sponsor application as I can only find something in Mississauga and we currently live in the UK and can I sponsor him while I live in the UK

How do I prove finance as I am a housewife and he is the breadwinner in the family

How do I prove intent to return back to Canada except the fact I am fed up of the UK

can I apply for sponsorship and his permanent resident at the same time - if not do you know how long the sponsorship bit takes applying from the UK

what are the correct fees as its a little confusing on the schedule

sorry for all the questions - this is the first time I am doing this

sohaib1

Champion Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2015
Doc's Request.
13-10-2015 (Urdu Nikah Nama)
AOR Received.
02-04-2015
File Transfer...
20-04-2015
Med's Done....
PreDone 20-01-2015
Passport Req..
11-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
03-12-2015
LANDED..........
10-12-2015
ali_c said:
Hi everyone

I went to the Canadian Embassy in London UK as I am a Canadian and want to sponsor my husband to move to Canada with me but alas they were of no help at all and just kept telling me to go to the website, which I had already done hence the questions I had.

here are the things I tried to ask - just wondering if you experienced guys can help please :

Where do I hand in my sponsor application as I can only find something in Mississauga and we currently live in the UK and can I sponsor him while I live in the UK

How do I prove finance as I am a housewife and he is the breadwinner in the family

How do I prove intent to return back to Canada except the fact I am fed up of the UK

can I apply for sponsorship and his permanent resident at the same time - if not do you know how long the sponsorship bit takes applying from the UK

what are the correct fees as its a little confusing on the schedule

sorry for all the questions - this is the first time I am doing this
-you have to mail the application to CPC-Mississauga (outland application not inland)
-if you are a sponsor then you have to send option c, you can write a letter explaining that you don't make money and have no income
-plane ticket, job letter, job offer
-when you apply for sponsorship it is a PR application
-The total fees is 1070 Canadian (application fees+sposorship fees+RRPR Fees)

Aquakitty

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2011
BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-03-2015
AOR Received.
14-04-2015 - SA Received: 20-04-2015
Med's Done....
28-01-2015 Upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
11-07-2015
Have you read the sticky thread? It might help clear up some things (it's a little outdated but still helpful)

1) Everyone mails their app to Mississauga, they then send it where they want it to go (in your case likely London).

2) You don't have to prove finances unless you have children, regardless you just have to show how you will support yourself when you get to Canada. Show his employment history and explain his plans to get a job on arrival, tell the truth about the fact that you are a housewife. It's OK if you don't make money.

3) Letters from family members, show plans or proof on buying a house or apartment, show Canadian banking info, job searching, plane tickets, explain your plan etc.

4) You have to apply for both at the same time, though they seem like separate applications they are submitted at the same time.

5) If it is just you and your husband the total is $1040 CND

kettle

Mar 19, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga (London)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
15.05.2015 in hand 29.05.2015
LANDED..........
I had a reply drafted, but lost it.

Thankfully others beat me to it :)

your fees may vary depending on wether or not you have children you are sponsoring as well.

Family Class applicants

Spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner of the principal applicant or, where a transitional provision applies, a family member of the principal applicant who is 22 years of age or older 550
4. Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
Getting your permanent resident status $490
Principal applicants (with some exceptions) and spouses and common-law partners coming with them to Canada must pay this fee. Applicants must pay this fee before CIC issues the permanent resident visa or before the applicant becomes a permanent resident in Canada.

These people do not have to pay this fee:

dependent children of a principal applicant or sponsor, a child to be adopted, or an orphaned brother, sister, niece, nephew or grandchild; and
protected persons, including Convention refugees.
Plus the fees for your husbands medical (and any children) as well as the fees for background checks.

There is a london UK thread, I'd suggest reading over there and then joining. I believe the link is in my signature :)

ali_c

Jul 23, 2015
Hi thanks for that - that is more help than I got at the Embassy !!!

the proof of intent bit is hard as he cant get a job without the PR but I suppose I will just have to explain it to them as best as I can

August2015

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hope you got all the info you needed, gluck with the application