+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spousr sponsorship query

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
Hi,
How long will it take for a Permanent Resident (PR) to Sponsor and bring spouse(wife) to Canada?
Once i send my application can spouse come to Canada on Tourist/Visit(TRV) visa for say 6months multiple entry.

Does PR need to have minimum cutoff salary to be able to sponsor n support spouse to come Canada.
Rgds
Sanmacviv

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How long it takes depends on the visa office. You'll have to tell us where your wife is from.

You can certainly apply for a TRV - however there is no guarantee it will be approved. We do often see TRVs for spouses of Canadians refused unfortunately.

There is no minimum income.

sanmacviv

Jun 14, 2016
My wife is an Indian citizen residing there.
Cant she apply as just another normal tourist and obtain mutiple entry visa.

Since am applying under Express Entry FSW category , am unsure if i must opt "Spouse Accompanying", or "Married but spouse not accompanying". As its all dependent upon CRS score i feel must try myself alone, possibly get PNP and ITA, then go to Canada. This will give time to settle, get some income in hand, some work experience of Canada, housing etc and later can apply for Spouse as she wouldnt possibly be working. So i must manage yhr family myself within the salary i receive.
Hence the confusion about spouse accompanying or nohe