+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's work experience - Non-canadian work ex issues

Kasa1989

Sep 9, 2015
Hi,

My wife is a co-applicant with me. She has 3+yrs of non-canadian workex.

We got ITAs in the 15th draw and are in process of getting our medicals and police certificate done

Wanted to check if she non-canadian work experience letters are needed? Do we have to collect documents like promotion letter, change in designation letters, tax returns?

We had entered the details in the profile while submitting it.

Why I am asking this is - while entering her details in the profile, we entered her promotion (and designation) date wrong.

I am worried coz if we decline the invite and wait for another draw, i am not sure if we will make the cut or not.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You get no points for that work experience so your ITA is not contingent on that part of your profile. If you don't have the required documentation, recommend that you remove it completely from work history section and include it only under personal history. This will have no repercussions on application processing.

Kasa1989

Sep 9, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
You get no points for that work experience so your ITA is not contingent on that part of your profile. If you don't have the required documentation, recommend that you remove it completely from work history section and include it only under personal history. This will have no repercussions on application processing.
Thanks Asivad.

Just to confirm - While filling the form now (post the ITA), I will remove her work experience details and put them in personal history section. The officer/system in future shall not ask for her work ex details as her experience does not give any points to me?

Thanks a lot Asivad for your advice. We were a worried about this error and were thinking of declining the invite

Jiogill

Star Member
Mar 27, 2016
Hi Asivad, How are you?

I shall request to support for following my queries.

I am going to fill EE profile. I am PA(Primary Applicant) with 8 years of WE AND My wife has 4 years of Work experience(Non Canadian experience-CWE).

My EE score is 330 and I am seeking PNP opportunity. If in the future my wife's occupation comes in demand, I can apply on her behalf(By making her PA). This is the reason that I would like to mention my wife's 4 years of experience in WE section.

1) First option, If I create EE profile and mention all the 4 years of experience of my wife in EE profile NOW. Later after PNP nomination(OR ITA), Can I remove 2 years WE of my wife? At that time, 2 years of work experience will be in WE-section. total 4 years will be remain in personal history. Please tell me CAN I do like this or It may create any problem later?

2) Second option, If I create EE profile now and I do mention only 2 years of WE in WE-Section NOW. If in the future, My wife's occupation comes in demand CAN I add another 2 years of work experience at that time to avail maximum points of WE. In this situation, My wife will be PA and I need to create new EE profile.

Please advise me which option is better.