+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse workx - Have I screwed up?

Kasa1989

Sep 9, 2015
Hi Seniors,

I think I have screwed it up with respect to my document upload. Please help.

I had mentioned my spouse's work experience under the work experience section. The work experience is outside canada (in India) and I am not claiming any points for it.

However in document checklist, I did not put the reference letter from the employer as I was under the impression that it is not needed since I was not claiming any points. I had just provided offer letter, promotion letter, salary slips.

Can the application get rejected on this ground? Please help.

StAnger

Nov 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kasa1989 said:
Hi Seniors,

I had mentioned my spouse's work experience under the work experience section. The work experience is outside canada (in India) and I am not claiming any points for it.

However in document checklist, I did not put the reference letter from the employer as I was under the impression that it is not needed since I was not claiming any points. I had just provided offer letter, promotion letter, salary slips.

If you havent claimed any points, dont fret. Officer will anyhow ignore this. So relax and have a bottle of beer. Cheers.

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Kasa1989 said:
Hi Seniors,

You have nothing to worry about dude. In case they ask for supporting documents, just upload an LOE that you haven't claimed any points for this and they can ignore the work experience claim.

joelmath

Dec 9, 2014
Kasa1989 said:
Hi Seniors,

As others have mentioned, they will likely ignore the entry and you do not need to do anything. If you are worried send them a CSE and explain the situation or ask them to ignore the entry. It takes only few mins to complete the CSE : https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx