+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse visa

chefsunny4u

May 18, 2013
i got my permanent residency i am in canada now, i wanna go to India and get married and bring my wife as soon as i can, i thought if i can get married and then bring along my wife on tourist visa and then Sponsor for her visa from canada, will that be a good idea to do so................ or if you have better suggestion then please let me know..... thanks

tahsinmohammad

Sep 1, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Citizenship
chefsunny4u said:
i got my permanent residency i am in canada now, i wanna go to India and get married and bring my wife as soon as i can, i thought if i can get married and then bring along my wife on tourist visa and then Sponsor for her visa from canada, will that be a good idea to do so................ or if you have better suggestion then please let me know..... thanks
Getting Tourist Visa is bit hard for Spouse.The best way is to sponsor her for PR thru Family Class which is time consuming but thats the best option you have....

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
chefsunny4u said:
You can try, but most likely her tourist visa will be denied. So just be prepared for it. As you are a PR, you can not be outside of Canada when you sponsor your wife. So you can go to India, get married, then come back to Canada and file your application. Get familiar with the forms and the proofs that you need so you're prepared. It means that you will be separated from your wife, but there is no other way around.
If you do get her a tourist visa, you can sponsor her from inside Canada.
Good luck,
Sweden

Scott2539

Star Member
May 18, 2013
B.C. Lower Mainland
Category........
Visa Office......
Nairobi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-28-2013
Doc's Request.
06-25-2013
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
02-15-2013
Yep sounds like my great idea years ago. How little i knew. It would be nice if we could bring a spouse back so easily. Please prepare yourself for the worst.

Make sure your spouse can show why she is going to return like owns a big house, has a business, owns a car, is taking care of her parents. like she is coming to take you back to Inda. Then maybe she will get a TRV

But you should prepare for doing the PRV outside canada and do it right the first time.

Good luck