+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Visa on Student Visa. What should I do??

arenz_aspire

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Me and my husband are planning to move to Canada basis my Student Visa.

From what i could read from the previous posts, the CIC allows dependent spouse visas on Student Visa but is really difficult.

Based on past experiences and success rate in South Asia, what do you guys suggest?

1.Should we go ahead and apply together as one?
2. Or shall I appply separate and he can come later on as a Tourist and get his Work Visa Status there in Canada?
3. Is there a minumum gap before which he can come there post my arrival?
4. How easy is it to get a TRV and get the status changed there?

Kindly reply, its really urgent and we are confused.

Hope you all help us!

Lots of Love
ARENZ

iceage

Star Member
Oct 31, 2013
Dhaka
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
<br>Express Entry (Point: 392), <br>Applied under SINP EE <br>In Process 30-06-2015<br> After Nomination (Point: 992)
Doc's Request.
No request from SINP
Nomination.....
03-09-2015
AOR Received.
09-06-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded
Med's Done....
10-09-2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting...
LANDED..........
Waiting...
arenz_aspire said:
Hi Everyone,

From what i could read from the previous posts, the CIC allows dependent spouse visas on Student Visa but is really difficult.

Based on past experiences and success rate in South Asia, what do you guys suggest?

2. Or shall I appply separate and he can come later on as a Tourist and get his Work Visa Status there in Canada?

Hope you all help us!

Lots of Love
ARENZ
Of course, apply together! it's easy when you apply together. Just remember to show much country ties like properties on your husband's name and others... but it is really difficult to trv when he will apply alone.

Sonata95

Jul 23, 2008
Hi Arenz,

As my understanding, your end objective is you get visa student and your husband get TRV visa, he can apply OWP after landing Canada. Therefore, I would like recommend you as following 2 option.

Option 1:

Firstly, you apply student visa
After 6 months your husband apply TRV for visiting you purpose

Option 2:

Firstly, Your husband apply TRV
After he got TRV you apply student visa but this option may be risky when your student visa may be rejected.

Both of you can apply together but I known the chance of rejection is very high.

Tks, Thang

arenz_aspire said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all help us!

Lots of Love
ARENZ

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

arenz_aspire said:
Hi Everyone,

Hope you all help us!

Lots of Love
ARENZ

1. CIC do not "allows dependent spouse visas on Student Visa". You both apply separately based on your individual profiles but send both applications in one envelope
2. Doesn't matter if your spouse apply now or later, decision will be made based on his profile strength, not yours.
3. No such gap.

arenz_aspire

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you all for replying.

As per your suggestions, we are now going to get his TRV done and my student visa along with.

But does that mean he wont be able to work over there?

After how much time can he apply for an OWP?

Replies are highly appreciated as always!! :)

ARENZ!!

kaulvirus

Star Member
Nov 8, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply together. The success rate or the rejection rate is a very subjective term. Most people do not do their paperwork thoroughly and their application results in a rejection. This is how it works:
Considering you are applying online, you apply as a prime candidate and your husband applies as a dependent. His application would be filled by you under your dependent application. You would be applying for a student visa while your husband would be applying for an open work permit. The open work permit is not given by the Embassy but at the Port of Entry, that is when you land at the airport in Canada. The Embassy only provides a TRV (Temporary Resident Visa). As soon as you clear the customs and immigration, you'll get your open work permit and study permit. You then have to take your respective permits to Services Canada which inturn will provide a SIN number and that makes you eligible to work in Canada.