+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
Hi I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada, my husband is in Srilanka and about a month ago only i applied for sponsorship for him. Is it ok for me to travel to Srilanka in June to visit him? just for 2 weeks. I'm scared whther it will affect his sponsor or whther i won't be able to come back to Canada... PLEASE ADVISE...

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Hi I'm a Permanent Resident in Canada, my husband is in Srilanka and about a month ago only i applied for sponsorship for him. Is it ok for me to travel to Srilanka in June to visit him? just for 2 weeks. I'm scared whther it will affect his sponsor or whther i won't be able to come back to Canada... PLEASE ADVISE...
Your travel outside Canada for a short stay will have no effect on your husband spousal sponsorship application.

You travel outside Canada may have effect if you move out to reside permanently outside Canada.

You are very okay to visit your husband for 2 weeks and should have no fear of re-entry to Canada and no fear of effect on your husband spousal sponsorship.

As a PR in Canada.....you won't have any re-entry problem and is allowed into Canada without any barriers, all you need do if have your PR card, have a valid foreign travel passport (you don't need a Canadian Visa), and ensure you maintain your residency status by residing in Canada at least 2 years in a 5 year period).

Understand permanent resident status.......

Reactions: YVR123 and ramyyoga

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
Your travel outside Canada for a short stay will have no effect on your husband spousal sponsorship application.

You travel outside Canada may have effect if you move out to reside permanently outside Canada.

You are very okay to visit your husband for 2 weeks and should have no fear of re-entry to Canada and no fear of effect on your husband spousal sponsorship.

As a PR in Canada.....you won't have any re-entry problem and is allowed into Canada without any barriers, all you need do if have your PR card, have a valid foreign travel passport (you don't need a Canadian Visa), and ensure you maintain your residency status by residing in Canada at least 2 years in a 5 year period).

Understand permanent resident status.......
Thanks

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
So my file just got opened on May 13th 2018. When I check my application status today it says "Decision Made" for my sponsorship application and "in process" for PR application. I'm so nervous whether it got rejected as it is onlyfew days since they've opened my file.. can someon explain me what will be next?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
So my file just got opened on May 13th 2018. When I check my application status today it says "Decision Made" for my sponsorship application and "in process" for PR application. I'm so nervous whether it got rejected as it is onlyfew days since they've opened my file.. can someon explain me what will be next?
The Spousal Sponsorship is in 2 parts......(1) Sponsor Eligibility........(2) PA Permanent Residence (PR) Application

"Decision Made" on Sponsor Eligibility.......means the Sponsor has either been approved or not approved to Sponsor.......most likely Sponsor will be APPROVED.........check you emails and messages......you should get the letter soon......relax..

After the Sponsor Eligibility is approved......the processing of the PA Permanent Residence (PR) Application starts and will be IN-PROCESS.

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
The Spousal Sponsorship is in 2 parts......(1) Sponsor Eligibility........(2) PA Permanent Residence (PR) Application

"Decision Made" on Sponsor Eligibility.......means the Sponsor has either been approved or not approved to Sponsor.......most likely Sponsor will be APPROVED.........check you emails and messages......you should get the letter soon......relax..

After the Sponsor Eligibility is approved......the processing of the PA Permanent Residence (PR) Application starts and will be IN-PROCESS.
Thank you so much

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
So now I have received an email saying that i have met my eligibility to sponsor. And my PR status is in process. What will be the next step?! And how long will that be? I have already submitted the police clearance when I submitted the file (becz the rules got changed on Feb , before I applied)..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
So now I have received an email saying that i have met my eligibility to sponsor. And my PR status is in process. What will be the next step?! And how long will that be? I have already submitted the police clearance when I submitted the file (becz the rules got changed on Feb , before I applied)..

The processing time to complete process your sponsorship on IRCC website says 12 months from AOR1.........it may take less, or even more.........its better to keep in mind the 12 months to help reduce waiting stress...........relax.........its a wait game.

Most Outland follow these steps (the order may vary).
  1. Application received at IRCC Mississauga
  2. CIC Mississauga started processing application
  3. Receive Acknowledgement of Receipt (AOR 1)
  4. Link Application to Online Account
  5. Uploaded Schedule A form to Online Account
  6. Sponsor Approval and File transfer to VO
  7. VO starts processing PR application (AOR 2)
  8. Receive Request for Medical Exam
  9. Medical Exam @ IRCC Panel Physician Clinic
  10. Medical Exam Result
  11. Final Review (may request additional doc if needed b4 approval).
  12. Passport Request (PPR)
  13. Pick-up Permanent Residency Visa (PUM)

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
Hi, So my husband did the medicals about 4 weeks ago. And now the medical has been recieved to the VO. how long it's going to take for Passport request?

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
Can i write a letter to VO in my country- Srilanka and send them requesting how long it's going to take? or not a good idea!!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Can i write a letter to VO in my country- Srilanka and send them requesting how long it's going to take? or not a good idea!!
Anticipate a full year for processing time. There is no point contacting anyone. They can not tell you how long the process will take. If it goes way over 12 months you can start involving MP, etc. Just be patient. This is a long process where you will not hear anything for months.

Reactions: YVR123

ramyyoga

May 16, 2018
Hi so my husband did his medicals in july mid and we did not hear back from them afterwards. Today i got an email for my employement letter (which i already submitted before), Tax form from CRA and IMM 5562- newly completed travel history form.
I'm confused and worried. is it common they ask for these or no? people who applied with me did not hear back from them or they've got the visa..

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
send the employment letter, Tax form from CRA and IMM 5562- newly completed travel history form through IRCC webform to your visa office to avoid any delays