+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship Question — Desperate here

LibraCYC

Feb 22, 2022
Hi friends!
I applied for spouse sponsorship immigration last year, here is my timeline (from the PR tracker tool)

Application received — May 3 2021
Biometrics Received — Oct 19 2021
Medical Received — Nov 1 2021
Sponsor Eligibility Passed — Nov 9 2021
Pre-Arrival Letter — Nov 9 2021
Eligibility Passed — Nov 9 2021
AIP — Nov 9 2021
Background check completed — Nov 23 2021
Medical Passed — Feb 5 2022

the reason medical passed so late is because of a mixup with the clinic and it’s fixed 3 weeks ago so all fine.
My question is, I have passed everything according to the tracker status, but I still haven’t got decision made. I tried calling IRCC, but they told me I’m still in process for background check? But on the tracker I already completed it 3 months ago? So confusing! Could it be an administrative error? Here is what they said: “you passed security and criminality, but still in progress for background check.” I’m fearing that this error is causing the delay.

Anyone with same experience?? Please help I’m so desperate here.. seeing other people submitted later than me got their portal.. I don’t know what else to do.. I’m getting so depressed. I had MP asking IRCC for update, but got the same response that I got from calling… please help..

keys8014

Feb 4, 2021
1. request GCMS notes
2. send webform and write down your concern. even if they dont reply, its ok. atleast they will read your message and hopefully forward your concern to the visa officer.

LibraCYC

Feb 22, 2022
It's still going reasonably quckly and less than a year. Just wait.
Thanks for the reply! Yes I understand that. What I don’t get is why they say my background check is in progress whereas my tracker says it’s completed 3 months ago. I fear it’s a administrative error?

LibraCYC

Feb 22, 2022
1. request GCMS notes
2. send webform and write down your concern. even if they dont reply, its ok. atleast they will read your message and hopefully forward your concern to the visa officer.
Hi! Thanks for the reply! I have already done all of the above lol. Nothing seems to be of use. I just fear that there might be an administrative error! Anyways thank you~

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thanks for the reply! Yes I understand that. What I don’t get is why they say my background check is in progress whereas my tracker says it’s completed 3 months ago. I fear it’s a administrative error?
My own view is that there are inconsistent uses of the term background check in general and specifically in the systems which report.

That doesn't help you much but it's fairly likely that all that's waiting is for an officer to do final sign-off. Or possibly security checks. In either case, nothing you can do (except eg ordering gcms notes as counselled above) but wait.

Or, if you prefer, you could wait AND torture yoursefl with pointless speculation that something is terribly wrong.

I'd go with just wait. Go to the library, get a book.

LibraCYC

Feb 22, 2022
My own view is that there are inconsistent uses of the term background check in general and specifically in the systems which report.

That doesn't help you much but it's fairly likely that all that's waiting is for an officer to do final sign-off. Or possibly security checks. In either case, nothing you can do (except eg ordering gcms notes as counselled above) but wait.

Or, if you prefer, you could wait AND torture yoursefl with pointless speculation that something is terribly wrong.

I'd go with just wait. Go to the library, get a book.
I definitely understand what you mean. I think it is good advice and I tell myself that everyday lol. But it’s blocking me from my personal future plans(home purchase, etc). So I’m quite anxious and find myself checking tracker and overthinkinh everyday haha. But I appreciate your advice and I will try to not torture myself (even tho it’s hard)!!

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I definitely understand what you mean. I think it is good advice and I tell myself that everyday lol. But it’s blocking me from my personal future plans(home purchase, etc). So I’m quite anxious and find myself checking tracker and overthinkinh everyday haha. But I appreciate your advice and I will try to not torture myself (even tho it’s hard)!!
Believe me, i understand. But still, force yourself. Find something else to do and only check once every couple of days

Reactions: YVR123 and LibraCYC