+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Sponsorship: Proof Of Communication

Zapajd

Dec 5, 2021
Hi,

I’m looking to Sponsor my wife to whom I’m married for a little over a year and been with her for 2 years.
We got to know each other online and started a long distance relationship. I travel to see her every 3 to 4 monts, but our main form of communication has been Whatsapp Messages and Whatsapp Video Calls.
As we are doing the application, we are overwhelmed trying to figure out what our proof of communication consist of, how many pages, how much is too little or how much is a lot to show, and what to show. We have sooooo much messages from 2 years ago, that we do not know how to include it.
I would like to know if anyone has any advice or if you can share what worked for you, would be really be appreciated.
Thank you in advance

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I’m looking to Sponsor my wife to whom I’m married for a little over a year and been with her for 2 years.
We got to know each other online and started a long distance relationship. I travel to see her every 3 to 4 monts, but our main form of communication has been Whatsapp Messages and Whatsapp Video Calls.
As we are doing the application, we are overwhelmed trying to figure out what our proof of communication consist of, how many pages, how much is too little or how much is a lot to show, and what to show. We have sooooo much messages from 2 years ago, that we do not know how to include it.
I would like to know if anyone has any advice or if you can share what worked for you, would be really be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
What's your status?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadian Citizenship
About your whatapp message and video conference, what can you show or what do you want to show?

Say if you want to show everything, perhaps you export & save them in a SD card; print out the oldest and recent pages, etc.

Zapajd

Dec 5, 2021
About your whatapp message and video conference, what can you show or what do you want to show?

Say if you want to show everything, perhaps you export & save them in a SD card; print out the oldest and recent pages, etc.
This is the very question and doubt I have. I’m not certain of what to show and go about putting this together for the application.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,

Thank you in advance
From IRCC's guide:
A maximum of 10 pages of proof of communication documents may be submitted with your application.

My opinion:
Proof of communication is supposed to show continuous communication throughout the relationship.

If your relationship is 2 years then it would make sense to put 5 pages per year.

At least 1 page per year should show messages about important occasions in your relationship.

At least 1 page per year should list phone call logs

The 3 remaining pages should show continuous conversations happening thought the year.

This an example to start with. Then once you have all of this read through it and see if it's convincing enough.

Reactions: Zapajd

Zapajd

Dec 5, 2021
From IRCC's guide:
A maximum of 10 pages of proof of communication documents may be submitted with your application.

My opinion:
Proof of communication is supposed to show continuous communication throughout the relationship.

If your relationship is 2 years then it would make sense to put 5 pages per year.

At least 1 page per year should show messages about important occasions in your relationship.

At least 1 page per year should list phone call logs

The 3 remaining pages should show continuous conversations happening thought the year.

This an example to start with. Then once you have all of this read through it and see if it's convincing enough.
Thanks so much!!! I love your responde!!! This is reallyyy helpful! Is there any other advice you can give me?

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Thanks so much!!! I love your responde!!! This is reallyyy helpful! Is there any other advice you can give me?
Make sure to properly translate these, if needed, according to IRCC's translation requirements. Show video call logs if you have that too. The officer is looking that there's sustained communication between the two of you, so snapshots at different times are necessary. Organize everything chronologically. Label the top of each page with a short description and say what time period each page covers. Quality is better than quantity. If you send over the limit then you will piss off whoever is handling your application and any extras will likely be shredded and not looked at. Check the forum for other advice, there are probably thousands of posts about communication proof. Use the advanced search feature to find them.
That's all what comes to mind at the moment. Good luck and feel free to ask if you need anything else, but try to search first, you're probably not the first who's had that question.

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Make sure to properly translate these, if needed, according to IRCC's translation requirements. Show video call logs if you have that too. The officer is looking that there's sustained communication between the two of you, so snapshots at different times are necessary. Organize everything chronologically. Label the top of each page with a short description and say what time period each page covers. Quality is better than quantity. If you send over the limit then you will piss off whoever is handling your application and any extras will likely be shredded and not looked at. Check the forum for other advice, there are probably thousands of posts about communication proof. Use the advanced search feature to find them.
That's all what comes to mind at the moment. Good luck and feel free to ask if you need anything else, but try to search first, you're probably not the first who's had that question.
Last but not least, read the checklist, the guide, and every form carefully and follow instructions to the tee. This will save you a lot of time.

baryonix

May 21, 2019
Hey, can we self translate the chat messages or do we need to go through professional translation service?