+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse sponsorship!! plz help!!

ROHIT mitra

May 1, 2014
Hi there... i have open work permit in canada for next 3 yrs.. i studied in canada for 2 years.. now i am getting married in India this month and i want to sponsor my wife to canada.. can anyone plz guide me what evidences do i suppose to submit and what are the minimum requirements do i have to fulfil.. and i am also confuse regarding process and forms.. can anyone guide me please regarding this??

thank u..!!

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
First thing, you are in the wrong forum, try to go to Family sponsorship.

Anyways, you need proof that your relationship is genuine. Provide the letter, email, cards or picture that have together. Provide as detailed as you can. There's no minimum and maximum that you can provide as long as it prove the relationship.

Also, i think in your case you can apply in India it takes 35-40 days of process. Processing here in canada take 12-18 months.

Go to family forum you can get a lot of advice. go to website

ROHIT mitra

May 1, 2014
thank u for reply.... but i came as an international student and now i am on work permit.. so I asked in family sponsorship and they told me to ask in this section.. now i am totally confused how do i start from.. please guide me regarding this and I also want to know about the minimum balance which I required to show while sponsoring...

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
ROHIT mitra said:
thank u for reply.... but i came as an international student and now i am on work permit.. so I asked in family sponsorship and they told me to ask in this section.. now i am totally confused how do i start from.. please guide me regarding this and I also want to know about the minimum balance which I required to show while sponsoring...
is ur job a skilled job?(NOC 0,A,B)? i am guessing ur on PGWP .....ifur job is NOC 0A,B then u have two options 1 apply for just TRV u can use TRV forms with addition of documents such as marriage certificate, proof of funds, copies of ur PGWP etc. second option is apply for Spousal open work permit u fill out work permit forms with TRV forms with same documents as above.
Just an FYI when u say sponsor it mostly means sponsoring for PR thats why u were asked to go to family sponsorship forum, here ur wife is accompanying u to canada while ur work/study and not that ur sponsoring her for a PR.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/study/study-how-documents.asp#doc3

http://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/india/

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/india-inde/visas/index.aspx?lang=eng&menu_id=3

ROHIT mitra

May 1, 2014
thank u so much mead..!!! this is really very helpful for me..!! i guess i will go for open work permit for my spouse so she can work there full time.. and just one more question.. is that compulsory for me to be in canada throughout the process??

cmathslu

Star Member
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2013
AOR Received.
25-07-2013, AIP and DM Jul 11, 2014
Med's Done....
With application
LANDED..........
Waiting....
ROHIT mitra said:
Sorry for making you confused, Mead is right. Good luck.