+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse sponsorship application-current employer resignation...

Abu Zuhair

May 31, 2006
I got the below letter from the Canadian Embassy in Cairo regarding my sponsorship application asking me to show evidence regarding resignation from my current employer.I am wondering what kind of proof they need since I am not planning to submit my resignation until my wife got her permanent resident visa ready.Your advice please.

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office subsequent to the receipt of a sponsorship undertaking on your behalf by

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email:

(X) Evidence of your sponsor’s resignation from his current employer

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office within (Fifteen) 15 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.

Regards,

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Abu Zuhair said:
I got the below letter from the Canadian Embassy in Cairo regarding my sponsorship application asking me to show evidence regarding resignation from my current employer.I am wondering what kind of proof they need since I am not planning to submit my resignation until my wife got her permanent resident visa ready.Your advice please.

This refers to your application for permanent residence submitted at this office subsequent to the receipt of a sponsorship undertaking on your behalf by

Please note that in order to complete the processing of your application, the following documents will be required to be sent by email:

You are requested to submit the above documents to our office within (Fifteen) 15 days of the date of this email.

Subsection 16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, 2001 states that all questions pertaining to an immigration application must be answered truthfully and must provide relevant evidence and documents that the examining officer reasonably requires.

Failure to provide the requested documentation within 15 days will result in your application being assessed on the basis of the documentation presently on file. Please be advised that, as the documentation requested in this email is relevant to the final assessment of your file, failure to provide it will likely result in the refusal of your application.

Regards,
I've seen this before with Middle Eastern spousal sponsorship applications. The Canadian embassy wants firm proof that you intend to relocate to Canada once the sponsorship is approved, and therefore are asking for your resignation. There is no way around this. Perhaps you could speak with your boss and resign with 90 days notice? That way you have enough of a runway to ensure that the visa process is completed by the time you are due to leave work.

Abu Zuhair

May 31, 2006
Thanks for your reply torontosm.

Do you mean that I have to resign from my Job right now in order to satisfy the immigration...this is strange and not fair I already show them strong intention that I will be moving to Canada once my wife visa is ready like Job offers and rental agreement...resigning now from my job will make me lose income because it will be affective in 2 weeks and the company will not accept to give me 90 days period....and there is still no guarantee that they will accept my wife visa

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
Abu Zuhair said:
Thanks for your reply torontosm.

Do you mean that I have to resign from my Job right now in order to satisfy the immigration...this is strange and not fair I already show them strong intention that I will be moving to Canada once my wife visa is ready like Job offers and rental agreement...resigning now from my job will make me lose income because it will be affective in 2 weeks and the company will not accept to give me 90 days period....and there is still no guarantee that they will accept my wife visa
Yes, that is what I meant. However, what I proposed was trying to see if your boss would accept your resignation, but have it effective in 3 months rather than 2 weeks. That way you can keep earning a salary until its time to move.

Another friend who was sponsoring his wife while residing in the U.A.E. actually had to cancel his residence visa and provide the embassy with proof of cancellation before they approved his wife's PR.

MarinaBishara

Dec 9, 2018

Regards,
Hello, I am asked the same now, can you please tell me details!? Thank you