16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
bublo ksa said:
So Guys Now I am sick and tired. Waiting game killing me and my happiness. Published processing time is well over now. What should I do?
:( :(
Go to your areas MP
This is the only way your application will move

zohaib007

Star Member
May 29, 2016
Sialkot, Punjab
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
ABU DHABI
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
Med's Request
.done and passed
Med's Done....
24 06 2019
Interview........
no need interview
Passport Req..
.21 09 2019
VISA ISSUED...
.23 09 2019
LANDED..........
INSHALLAH very soon landing
last night I call the lawyer he said who is apply the case from ksa immigration take the interview compulsory and after interview take 8 months more I don't know we give the money full but when I call him just he is talking to me scaring any body know about inform us coz some one give the interview from the ksa RIYADH visa office they are asking question so difficult guys don't take the easy immigration interview .

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
mohammedessam said:
Go to your areas MP
This is the only way your application will move
bublo ksa said:
So Guys Now I am sick and tired. Waiting game killing me and my happiness. Published processing time is well over now. What should I do?
:( :(
Hi Mohammedessam and Bublo KSA

My update is this. My wife contacted the MP and they replied within three days. They were polite but said they would not be able to assist in any way at present, not until the posted process time has passed. However, they did advise that once it has past posted processing time without any updates, they will then contact CIC.

Bublo, I know this wait is very unsettling. As far as I understand, it is just the two of you, yourself and Mohammedessam in this forum that are waiting past times, especially you as yours has been a year over due. Have you spoken to your MP lately? The last I believe you had mentioned that they asked you to wait until June. What was the reason for that?

Mohammedessam, what is your situation? Have you heard anything lately?

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
IRONMAN7777 said:

My update is this. My wife contacted the MP and they replied within three days. They were polite but said they would not be able to assist in any way at present, not until the posted process time has passed. However, they did advise that once it has past posted processing time without any updates, they will then contact CIC.

Bublo, I know this wait is very unsettling. As far as I understand, it is just the two of you, yourself and Mohammedessam in this forum that are waiting past times, especially you as yours has been a year over due. Have you spoken to your MP lately? The last I believe you had mentioned that they asked you to wait until June. What was the reason for that?

Hello
My case is being delayed because i had a previous divorce case so they are requesting more documents to prove that i really divorced my previous wife
When i submitted the requested documents in November 2015, they did not receive the documents and they never replied to my emails so when my MP contacted them, i found out that they did not receive the documents so i sent them again this month and they replied back acknowledging that they received them and that they will start working on the application soon
So hopefully i will hear somthing good soon
Probably i will request the file notes at the beginning of next month just to confirm that everything is in order

Good luck to everyone

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and have a few questions regarding my SOWP.
I applied for the SOWP quite recently( july 7th 2016) and am presently staying and working in Qatar. I submitted my application through consultant in India and am quite divided on where the application would actually be processed. Would it be done in Abudhabi, Qatar( since it does mention Qatar in the list of countries to check processing times for) or in India, where my consultant is.
Information on this is quite vague.
Any info on this would be of great help.
Cheers :)

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
23-07-2015 in process aug 06th
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
I was able to link my account to my application today. I am confused. nothing has moved since we submitted our pcc 2 months ago.

Application/profile status Open Help
Review of eligibility Review in Progress Help
Review of medical results Passed Help
Review of submitted documents Help
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time Help
A background check is needed Not Started Help
Final decision Not Started Help

how reliable is this report ? seems as ecas nothing really different about it.

Our case has been under review for eligibility since last October. Why the long process ? our Medical will expire in Aug and I haven't heard anything back from Abu Dhabi.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
prais3jos3ph said:
Hello,
I'm new to this forum and have a few questions regarding my SOWP.
I applied for the SOWP quite recently( july 7th 2016) and am presently staying and working in Qatar. I submitted my application through consultant in India and am quite divided on where the application would actually be processed. Would it be done in Abudhabi, Qatar( since it does mention Qatar in the list of countries to check processing times for) or in India, where my consultant is.
Information on this is quite vague.
Any info on this would be of great help.
Hello and Welcome prais3jos3ph!

As far as I understand, your application will most likely get sent to the Abu Dhabi Visa office. Reason being that the applicant, you, resides in Qatar. The consultant however will be applying from India or wherever but your file will eventually reach Abu Dhabi for processing. My consultant is in Canada which is where my file was applied from. It was then sent by him to Ottawa and once my Mrs and I received an Eligibility report, it was then forwarded to the Abu Dhabi Visa Office.

Now, other members who have experienced what I am about to share with you are free to intervene, but there have been some cases in this forum where applicants who have been informed by AOR or Eligibility reports that their Visa Office is in Abu Dhabi, have received updates and/or PPR's from the New Dehli Visa Office, which has confused the applicants themselves and I'm sure many others in this forum, including myself. I believe this happens rarely but just keeping you informed of what we have read here.

I hope I haven't confused you already.

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hello and Welcome prais3jos3ph!

As far as I understand, your application will most likely get sent to the Abu Dhabi Visa office. Reason being that the applicant, you, resides in Qatar. The consultant however will be applying from India or wherever but your file will eventually reach Abu Dhabi for processing. My consultant is in Canada which is where my file was applied from. It was then sent by him to Ottawa and once my Mrs and I received an Eligibility report, it was then forwarded to the Abu Dhabi Visa Office.

Now, other members who have experienced what I am about to share with you are free to intervene, but there have been some cases in this forum where applicants who have been informed by AOR or Eligibility reports that their Visa Office is in Abu Dhabi, have received updates and/or PPR's from the New Dehli Visa Office, which has confused the applicants themselves and I'm sure many others in this forum, including myself. I believe this happens rarely but just keeping you informed of what we have read here.

I hope I haven't confused you already.

Thanks for the response IRONMAN7777 :)

What about the processing times indicated for Qatar( 5 weeks) ? What do they indicate? As far as I know, theres only a VAC and an embassy here.
The processing times for UAE( Abudhabi) shows 27 weeks, which is a huge difference.
Obviously, I'd like to believe that mine would take 5 weeks, but what do you think is right?

Lemme know

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IRONMAN7777 said:

I called area MP in last week of June. According to his reply which he received from CIC about my application is that, back ground checks are done at this point and file is under review by VO so I have to wait until review is done. Don't know when??????
I tried to get link to my account. Its shows status of my file as below.

Application/profile status Open
Review of eligibility Review in Progress
Review of medical results Not needed at this point
Review of submitted documents
Scheduling an interview Not needed at this time
A background check is needed In progress
Final decision Not Started

If back ground checks are done then why it shows here In progress?
Cofused :-X

mohammedessam

Oct 31, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-Apr-2015
Doc's Request.
16-Nov-2015
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
File Transfer...
06-Jul-2015
Med's Done....
10-Oct-2015
bublo ksa said:
I called area MP in last week of June. According to his reply which he received from CIC about my application is that, back ground checks are done at this point and file is under review by VO so I have to wait until review is done. Don't know when??????

How did you get the application status
How did you know if they started the background check
Is it through your MP's office
Or you can get it online

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
prais3jos3ph said:
Thanks for the response IRONMAN7777 :)

What about the processing times indicated for Qatar( 5 weeks) ? What do they indicate? As far as I know, theres only a VAC and an embassy here.
The processing times for UAE( Abudhabi) shows 27 weeks, which is a huge difference.
Obviously, I'd like to believe that mine would take 5 weeks, but what do you think is right?

Lemme know

Hi prais3jos3ph,

Now I'm a bit confused. Is there a Canadian Visa Office in Qatar?

As far as I am aware, it gets processed in Abu Dhabi. You are a Qatar resident and that means that your process times will be as per Qatar process times shown on CIC's website. Of course as you may have already seen in the most recent posts here with some applicants, the processing times are not exactly how long they take to process an application. However, should the time shown exceed, you can then get in touch with them to find out what's holding up your file. In your situation, you being a resident of Qatar, which as per CIC shows 5 weeks to process a WP, you will be able to follow up with CIC if you haven't heard from them in 5 weeks. For the ones who are residents of UAE, they would need to wait 27 weeks before they can follow up. That's what I make of it.

Would anybody else care to elaborate?

prais3jos3ph

Star Member
Jul 24, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
19th June 2017
AOR Received.
20th June 2017
IRONMAN7777 said:
Hi prais3jos3ph,

Now I'm a bit confused. Is there a Canadian Visa Office in Qatar?

As far as I am aware, it gets processed in Abu Dhabi. You are a Qatar resident and that means that your process times will be as per Qatar process times shown on CIC's website. Of course as you may have already seen in the most recent posts here with some applicants, the processing times are not exactly how long they take to process an application. However, should the time shown exceed, you can then get in touch with them to find out what's holding up your file. In your situation, you being a resident of Qatar, which as per CIC shows 5 weeks to process a WP, you will be able to follow up with CIC if you haven't heard from them in 5 weeks. For the ones who are residents of UAE, they would need to wait 27 weeks before they can follow up. That's what I make of it.

Would anybody else care to elaborate?
Theres a Canadian Embassy here in Qatar. To quote the embassy's website : " Embassy of Canada in Qatar is now fully open to the general public but that does not provide visa and immigration service, which is provided by the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi, U.A.E."

Now since that has been established, logically I should consider+/- the processing times mentioned for Qatar, which is 5 weeks. Considering the above statement from the embassy mentioning Abudhabi as my processing center, I'm a bit confused between the 5 and "27" weeks it takes for Qatar and Abudhabi respectively.

Anyways, as you've mentioned, I'll assume the +/- 5 weeks and maybe contact them to see whats what. I've asked my consultant(...and confused him too in the process ;)) and lets see what info he could dig up.

Will keep updating.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
bublo ksa said:

I am guessing we can't really rely on this information since is not updated accordingly. You should have eligibility passed
background passed and waiting for final decision.

ohcanada15

Star Member
Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
14-08-2015
mohammedessam said:
Hello
My case is being delayed because i had a previous divorce case so they are requesting more documents to prove that i really divorced my previous wife
When i submitted the requested documents in November 2015, they did not receive the documents and they never replied to my emails so when my MP contacted them, i found out that they did not receive the documents so i sent them again this month and they replied back acknowledging that they received them and that they will start working on the application soon
So hopefully i will hear somthing good soon
Probably i will request the file notes at the beginning of next month just to confirm that everything is in order

Good luck to everyone

That's really sad. You have submitted documents in November and they never received it ? that is big delay .
Did you have any re-medical request ?You and I pretty much have the same timeline almost. My wife's medical will expire In
August and I have yet to receive re-medical request. We have submitted PPC back June and we forgot to add the file number . I'm worry the smething could happen to us. I have submitted inquiry and we have not received any reply .

Can they do extension ?

bublo ksa

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mohammedessam said:
How did you get the application status
How did you know if they started the background check
Is it through your MP's office
Or you can get it online
Yes I received MP reply about back ground checks are done and file is under review.
But I got more information through CIC link my account. It says back ground checks are in progress but MP said its done.
Just waiting for good news.