Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
ravi.nitya said:
ravi.nitya said:
The IMM 1344 has to be signed by both me and the prinicpal applicant. Guys how did you go about this? did you courier it ? Iam in Canada now and my husband in Dubai. Please advise.
[/quote

Guys, can you help me with the following question in the sponsorship evaluation form .From when do we start counting the time period?? From the day am filling the application? the question is as follows

"Write your net personal income for the 12 months preceding the date of your application. Also write the dates of that 12-month period."
Yes just write your income of the last 12 months from the date you are filling the application and mention the time period there.

hm65

Jun 6, 2014
anxiouswife said:
Yeah I am only planning to visit in the 1st week of September. Anyway I dont think there is a problem to visit your spouse when PR is being processed. I have already visited him once before...I wrote specifically to the embassy while applying that we cant be away for so long and that I need a visit visa so I can visit my husband every few months. If there was any strict restriction on visiting while PR is being processed, they wouldn't issue it in the first place. This time I have got multiple entry visit visa for 8 years :)
But I understand what you are saying and will double check anyway.

Hello dear anxiouswife

I read that you got a visitor visa, I was wondering if you could help me to get one because my husband can not travel and he has to stay in canada and we are apart for about seven months now. My situation is a little complicated.

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
hm65 said:
Hello dear anxiouswife

I read that you got a visitor visa, I was wondering if you could help me to get one because my husband can not travel and he has to stay in canada and we are apart for about seven months now. My situation is a little complicated.
Hi hm65 - I applied for a visit visa using the normal procedure that anyone would use to apply for one. Do you live in the UAE? If yes, follow the instructions on this page - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx. I chose the 'Apply on paper' option. Fill in all the forms in the application kit and make sure you have all the docs and items mentioned on the document check list. The important thing is to make sure you give enough proof that you will return, your documents could include the following:

1. Letter from your company granting leave for the visit period - This letter should state how long you have been working in the company, your salary and the fact that they have granted you holiday to visit and that you will return to work after you visit Canada.
2. At least 6 months bank statement
3. Bank Draft for the amount of CAD100 (it is the same amount for a single or multiple entry visit visa -http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/fees-frais.aspx
4. Invitation letter from your husband stating the exact dates of visit and how he will support you when you are there. Make sure it mentions that it has been so long since you have met each other.
5. A personal letter from you asking them to grant you a visit visa so you can visit your husband. Dont hesitate to write down your feelings on this letter.
6. Your return travel ticket
7. Medical and travel insurance
8. 2 x Recent photos with your date of birth and name written behind the photos. The photo specs are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Once you have all the above and the forms, then go to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/contact-contactez.aspx

They only accept visit visa applications on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30am - 11:00am.

You could apply through VFS but when I did, my visit visa was rejected. Both times when I applied through the embassy directly I was granted the visa. Be open and honest about the frustration of not meeting your husband from the last 7 months with the visa officer when you are submitting your application. They will consider your request.

Good luck. If you have any other questions let me know
Thanks

Damicheema

Jul 14, 2014
My pr visa online status is medical have been revived .(2) a decision has been made on ur application.the office will contact u.concerning this decision. What's is next step guys and how long take normally for visa

anxiouswife

Star Member
Apr 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-Oct-2013
Doc's Request.
28-Jan-2014
AOR Received.
29-Oct-13
File Transfer...
29-Oct-13
Damicheema said:
My pr visa online status is medical have been revived .(2) a decision has been made on ur application.the office will contact u.concerning this decision. What's is next step guys and how long take normally for visa
Thats good, at least an update! Its annoying though that they dont say on the online status if it is a positive or negative decision. So you have to wait to receive an email from them. I am sure it will be positive. When did you send your application to CIC?

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
anxiouswife said:
This time I have got multiple entry visit visa for 8 years :)
But I understand what you are saying and will double check anyway.
That's awesome!! Congrats!!

And thanks for the detailed post about the visit visa thing. I would even request that you make an entirely different thread starting with that very post because a lot people still have those very questions, and having a separate thread will help us not dig too deep in these forums.

wo403

Star Member
Jan 20, 2014
Impresso said:
Anyone with Any Updates - Please do share
No updates after my wife received an email saying she was approved as a sponsor.

It's kind of disheartening when ADVO doesn't immediately tell you if they have received the documents on their end.

Can you PM me with what you have on IT jobs? I'm thinking I might as well start preparing myself before I even get there.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
anxiouswife said:
There have been no updates recently. Since a few weeks now no one has reported getting PPR... I am waiting for that magical email...It has been 10 months since we applied. But I recently got a multiple entry visit visa so I have planned to visit my husband in August. Does anyone know what happens if I get PPR when I am visiting Canada. Can I send my passport from there to get the visa stamped? Or do I need to come back to Abu Dhabi to send the passport over?
As far as I know - you should be ok with travelling unless specified ( any restrictions in your visa ). Always best to double check.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
ravi.nitya said:
The IMM 1344 has to be signed by both me and the prinicpal applicant. Guys how did you go about this? did you courier it ? Iam in Canada now and my husband in Dubai. Please advise.
As a sponsor, I signed my documents first and used little sticky to point out where my spouse should sign - and then sent the documents via FedEx.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
hm65 said:
Hello dear anxiouswife

Hello hm65,

Please do keep in mind that CIC would like to see enough evidence that you do not intend to stay in Canada and would like to return back as soon as your visit is complete. To prove this CIC prefers that you are working fulltime or are enrolled in a full time education/school - basically to show that you have strong ties to go back . All the best.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
anxiouswife said:
Hi hm65 - I applied for a visit visa using the normal procedure that anyone would use to apply for one. Do you live in the UAE? If yes, follow the instructions on this page - http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/trv-apply_demande-vrt.aspx. I chose the 'Apply on paper' option. Fill in all the forms in the application kit and make sure you have all the docs and items mentioned on the document check list. The important thing is to make sure you give enough proof that you will return, your documents could include the following:

1. Letter from your company granting leave for the visit period - This letter should state how long you have been working in the company, your salary and the fact that they have granted you holiday to visit and that you will return to work after you visit Canada.
2. At least 6 months bank statement
3. Bank Draft for the amount of CAD100 (it is the same amount for a single or multiple entry visit visa -http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/visas/fees-frais.aspx
4. Invitation letter from your husband stating the exact dates of visit and how he will support you when you are there. Make sure it mentions that it has been so long since you have met each other.
5. A personal letter from you asking them to grant you a visit visa so you can visit your husband. Dont hesitate to write down your feelings on this letter.
6. Your return travel ticket
7. Medical and travel insurance
8. 2 x Recent photos with your date of birth and name written behind the photos. The photo specs are here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/photospecs.asp

Once you have all the above and the forms, then go to the Canadian Embassy in Abu Dhabi. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/uae-eau/contact-contactez.aspx

They only accept visit visa applications on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9:30am - 11:00am.

You could apply through VFS but when I did, my visit visa was rejected. Both times when I applied through the embassy directly I was granted the visa. Be open and honest about the frustration of not meeting your husband from the last 7 months with the visa officer when you are submitting your application. They will consider your request.

Good luck. If you have any other questions let me know
Thanks
This is a great thread anxiouswife - Congratulations on your Visa.

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
wo403 said:
No updates after my wife received an email saying she was approved as a sponsor.

It's kind of disheartening when ADVO doesn't immediately tell you if they have received the documents on their end.

Can you PM me with what you have on IT jobs? I'm thinking I might as well start preparing myself before I even get there.
Hello wo403 - I totally agree that ADVO doesn't immediately tell us about the documents.

I did a some research on time lines from different threads - and found that in 2013, ADVO would take upto 3 months to reply once you receive your Sponsorship Approval. Since the beginning of this year (2014) ADVO is taking about 2 Months to reply or request for any Additional documents. I myself am hoping to hear something from them this August (God Willing )

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Damicheema said:
Dear anaxiuswife the cic web show I apply June 7.2013. And process will start embassey April 14.2014
Hello Damicheema,

Would you be kind enough to share your timeline in the format below. Thank you

Application sent to CPC-M :
Application received by CPC-M :
Date of medicals :
AOR received from CPC-M :
Sponsorship Approval :
AOR received from ADVO :
ADR received from ADVO :

Impresso

Champion Member
Jun 16, 2014
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Mississauga
wo403 said:

Just sent you a PM - please do let me know. Thanks.