+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse PR while candian citizen married and living in india

aman0013

Mar 9, 2018
hi everyone,
i'm indian citizen and i am married to a canadian citizen, who after our marriage is living with my family in india since 9 years.
she also holds OCI card.
we also have a 8 year old daughter who also holds canadian passpot and OCI card.
we keep visiting canada for a vaccation and meeting family every alternate year though.

MY QUESTION ARE:

1. now that i am willing to move to canada as PR,
can my wife (canadian citizen), who is living in india since so long (9years), invite me under spouse sponsorship programme?

2. can we apply my PR when we ALL are in india, or she needs to go to canada first and then sponsor me from canada?

3. if she needs to go to canada to sponsor me, is there any particular time constraint, that she needs to complete, before she sponsor me, because she was in india since 9 years (visited canada couple of times though)?

4. also, i am planning to visit canada with my wife and daughter very soon, can we apply for PR when we ALL are in canada?

THANK YOU already

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
  1. Yes
  2. Yes. She will need to provide adequate proof that you will be settling in Canada once approved ( job searches, rental agreements, letters from family and friends offering support until you are settled).
  3. No constraints.
  4. If you have a TRV, yes you can. Don’t show up at the border looking like you are moving though. If you don’t have a TRV, don’t be surprised if it’s difficult to get one.

Reactions: aman0013

aman0013

Mar 9, 2018
  1. Yes
  2. Yes. She will need to provide adequate proof that you will be settling in Canada once approved ( job searches, rental agreements, letters from family and friends offering support until you are settled).
  3. No constraints.
  4. If you have a TRV, yes you can. Don’t show up at the border looking like you are moving though. If you don’t have a TRV, don’t be surprised if it’s difficult to get one.
THANKS A LOT FOR REPLYING

aman0013

Mar 9, 2018
  1. Yes
  3. No constraints.
HI CAN YOU ANSWER ONE MORE THING PLEASE?

is it compulsory for me to give ielts exam?