+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse PCC - not aware

lokeshkar

Aug 23, 2024
Hi All,

I received my PR invitation on July 15th. On the advice of a friend, I applied only for myself and indicated that my spouse and child would not accompany me. They are currently in Canada with me but are not interested in staying.

The problem is that when I tried to submit my application today, I realized that a Police Clearance Certificate (PCC) for my spouse is required. I plan to initiate her PCC first thing in the morning, but I have only 20 days left to submit my application.

Could you please advise if I should include a detailed explanation for why I missed this requirement and submit the application on the 20th day? I understand that my wife's PCC will likely take at least 30 days to process. Do you think IRCC would consider my situation, or is there a risk they might reject the application?

For context, I am applying under the CEC category and have all other documents ready.

lokeshkar

Aug 23, 2024
Can someone shed some lights on this. Am literally confused. With CRA score of 527 without adding spouse should I decline and wait for pool again ?