+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit

roll78

Feb 24, 2015
Hello Im from Croatia...same problem ,so that a reason why i not open new topic.
wife just get IEC working holiday visa-open work permit....i cant ( age limit).
Member pamela c14 wrote:

Your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an “open” work permit. This is a permit that will let them accept any job with any employer if:
1. You are
-approved to work in Canada for six months or longer,
-doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work for which you need at least a college diploma) and
-doing a job at Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification.

Now i see changes:

However, your spouse or common-law partner may be able to apply for an open work permit—allowing him or her to accept any job with any employer—if you meet one of these conditions:

you are
- allowed to work in Canada for at least six months,
- doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work that requires at least a college diploma) and
-doing a job listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification, or
you are
- allowed to work in Canada and
-doing work in Canada that is on a list of eligible occupations in participating provinces

it CIC realy change that or not??so i need only one conditions or all?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
roll78 said:
if you meet one of these conditions:

you are
- allowed to work in Canada for at least six months,
- doing work in Canada that meets a minimum skill level (usually work that requires at least a college diploma) and
-doing a job listed in Skill Level 0, A or B in the National Occupational Classification,
OR
you are
- allowed to work in Canada and
-doing work in Canada that is on a list of eligible occupations in participating provinces
Note the placement of the word "OR". You must meet the first set of conditions in green OR the second set of conditions in purple, not just one condition from the whole list.

shital.ankit

May 31, 2017
Hi, i applies spouse open work permit from the Australia to Canada. My husband is on post graduate work permit over there. I got rejection today. They gave reason that purpose of visit,immigration status in country of residence,and family ties in canada and country of residence.can anybody help me with this. I am citizen of India and international student in canada.

shital.ankit

May 31, 2017
Hi, i applies spouse open work permit from the Australia to Canada. My husband is on post graduate work permit over there. I got rejection today. They gave reason that purpose of visit,immigration status in country of residence,and family ties in canada and country of residence.can anybody help me with this. I am citizen of India and international student in canada.
sorry student in australia