+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

kht

Feb 15, 2016
kht said:
Hi FKl, I am international student from Pak studing here in canada I want to apply for my spouse open work permit, but I don't have any idea that open work permit is good option or visit visa. If you have any suggestion please let me know.

Thanks
My Spouse application was refused a month ago today I received this GCMS notes, please shares your thoughts

officer Notes:
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI 90273334 on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013. was on coop does not appear to be in co op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in. applicant married at 16 yrs late registration over one year later.

applicant has no employment housewife. weak family ties and not satisfied sponsor could support tuition and living without working in canada. Based on the information provided and accounting for the sociological, political and economic factors in the country of resident, I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave canada at the end of any authorized stay as per R179 of IRPA. Refused

Thanks

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kht said:
My Spouse application was refused a month ago today I received this GCMS notes, please shares your thoughts

officer Notes:
spousal C42 laimed spouse UCI 90273334 on sa to 2019 Masters has been studying a masters since 2013. was on coop does not appear to be in co op now. has been working over 20 hrs per week while school in. applicant married at 16 yrs late registration over one year later.

applicant has no employment housewife. weak family ties and not satisfied sponsor could support tuition and living without working in canada. Based on the information provided and accounting for the sociological, political and economic factors in the country of resident, I am not satisfied applicant is a bona fide temporary resident and will leave canada at the end of any authorized stay as per R179 of IRPA. Refused

Thanks
Ignoring the terms which look either like short hand CIC uses internally or some language mistake, it only seems that you have been on a masters degree SP for too long. I suggest completing your education, getting a skilled job + Post Grad work permit and then reapply.

kht

Feb 15, 2016
fkl said:
Ignoring the terms which look either like short hand CIC uses internally or some language mistake, it only seems that you have been on a masters degree SP for too long. I suggest completing your education, getting a skilled job + Post Grad work permit and then reapply.
Actually I came here in Sept 2013 but I started my Masters in May 2014 (I switched my university) and it is co-op based from last year I am on co-op job until 31 Dec 2016. I provided my pay slips and HR letter that I am working. From the notes it seems he did not consider those documents.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
kht said:
Actually I came here in Sept 2013 but I started my Masters in May 2014 (I switched my university) and it is co-op based from last year I am on co-op job until 31 Dec 2016. I provided my pay slips and HR letter that I am working. From the notes it seems he did not consider those documents.
If you are currently on coop - then yeah it looks visa officer doesn't agree. "Doesn't appear to be on coop now".

Unfortunately having changed your original program and with a gap in program start, it doesn't look very positive on your profile. It seems like a person intentionally delaying his education to continue being here on a student visa and may be not making enough to support spouse.

There is nothing wrong with above. But it might be a bit harder to convince and prove to CIC that you are not only on satisfactory status, but can also support a non working spouse.

You might try again referring to above notes specifically referring to "doesn't appear to be on COOP" and providing proof of your past, current and on going COOP contract. But this may or may not be sufficient and it could go either way.

This is why i recommended completing degree and at the same time getting full time NOC 0, A or B job offer.

If you have a job offer in hand when you complete your course work, you can submit your PGWP application along with your SOWP application. The only requirement for SOWP would be a) PGWP which will be processed together b) Skilled job offer

kht

Feb 15, 2016
fkl said:
If you are currently on coop - then yeah it looks visa officer doesn't agree. "Doesn't appear to be on coop now".

Unfortunately having changed your original program and with a gap in program start, it doesn't look very positive on your profile. It seems like a person intentionally delaying his education to continue being here on a student visa and may be not making enough to support spouse.

There is nothing wrong with above. But it might be a bit harder to convince and prove to CIC that you are not only on satisfactory status, but can also support a non working spouse.

You might try again referring to above notes specifically referring to "doesn't appear to be on COOP" and providing proof of your past, current and on going COOP contract. But this may or may not be sufficient and it could either way.

This is why i recommended completing degree and at the same time getting full time NOC 0, A or B job offer.

If you have a job offer in hand when you complete your course work, you can submit your PGWP application along with your SOWP application. The only requirement for SOWP would be a) PGWP which will be processed together b) Skilled job offer

Thanks you so much Bro. Jazak Allah

hiransiddharth

Dec 27, 2012
Visa Office......
Inland
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-03-2015
Doc's Request.
21-11-2016
Nomination.....
15-03-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016 (CIC RECVD FILE ON 17TH May)
Med's Request
08-06-2017
Med's Done....
08-20-2017
dip.j said:
hi congratulation for that.
my husband also applied for me from canada on 19th of april but till now we did not get any answer waiting for that.
csn u help me from wer you applied or can i get ur contact no.for mor information regarding this.
ur inbox is full.... :-/

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys I got email from Delhi high commission :
"
This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the High Commission of Canada in New Delhi.

The file number you have provided refers to a case at the Consulate General of Canada in Chandigarh.

To ensure there is no delay in reviewing your email, please send future enquiries to the Chandigarh visa office the web form found on this web page:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/chandigarh.asp

Your enquiry has been forwarded to the Chandigarh visa office for review. "

Can anyone tell me what it means. Delhi high commission refers my case means they are starting from today or they have already sent my application to chandigarh?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
i mean usually application is forwarded to the embassy in the city u reside. so im expecting my applicaiton shld b in delhi. so how abt u? where r u residing?

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
oh alright quite evident y they have asked u to contact chandigarh then. well lets hope this month comes good or time to give up then.