Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkapoor said:
Thanks for the reply
Do we have to show ties to the country of residence and country of citizenship that my spouse will go back from Canada.
If yes how? Because I have seen many posts wherein people has been refused with the reason ties, employment situation

Thanks once again!!
You are welcome. Yes you need to show ties - but having a decent job in the same profession there as you intend to do here in Canada and demonstrate it with proof can serve as a pretty good tie. Because you already are in another country so showing ties to Country of citizenship makes little sense.

CIC use this term to eliminate any one they worry could actually over stay illegally in Canada. So any thing that demonstrates you could have a pretty decent life outside Canada - job / assets etc. in case you do not get authorization to live here, should be good enough.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkapoor said:
@fkl

What can I show as purpose of visit as I am applying for sowp the only purpose is "work"
How to convince visa officer that he will go back
do I have to show employment from both countries i.e. country of residence and citizenship

And in regards to ties do I have to show ties to both countries i.e. country of residence and citizenship

Thanks for your help!!
Again as i already stated - nothing beats showing a good continuous job history ideally if it was in the country of citizenship and current country of residence.

In case you have that - provide every thing you can. Job experience letters, pay stubs, even bank statement showing that pay being transferred to your account etc.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
butterfly11 said:
Thanks fkl, we got refused just because we ddn't demonstrate that my partner and I were in common law.
But other than that, there's no other reason. We just submitted our application again yesterday in VFS Hong Kong. Hopefully it will be positive now. We'll update everyone about it..
You are most welcome and all the very best.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
Again as i already stated - nothing beats showing a good continuous job history ideally if it was in the country of citizenship and current country of residence.

In case you have that - provide every thing you can. Job experience letters, pay stubs, even bank statement showing that pay being transferred to your account etc.
@fkl once again thank you for helping a lot
just one more query that as in TRV we show specific reason like convocation or anniversary as purpose of visit but in sowp what shold I say that he is here to support me and we will go back once the permit is expired.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
"FK"

Thank you very much for your kind words.

What I get from your message is to avoid SOWP application now and directly apply for PNP and then for PR to bring my family here?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am currently doing part time job in a multinational company as contractor and that company has started the process to hire me In January after my graduation. So my profession is Electrical Engineering which comes under catagory "A". Does job offer letter here in Canada mentions job catagory? or Will i need to ask HR to write it for me?

Please note employer will offer me job based on my PGWP open work permit as they wont need to get LMIA ( Although I have requested them to get LMIA for me, but thats hard job for companies and they try to avoid it).

Now the scenario is of January-2016, I have completed my Master degree, I have full time job in NOC "A", and my application for PGWP in under process with CIC (MY existing study permit is expiring in July-2016).

Based on above scenario, what step should I choose to bring my family here? Should I apply for her SOWP and TRV for my baby in January, or should I wait for PNP and then apply for PR?

I checked CIC CRS calculator and in best case i am getting 440 points, which is not sufficient for independent ITA. My wife has Master degree too, but current processing time to get ECA is 4 months, which is too late and I will get only 10 marks for that. She has done IELTS though. So in short, I will need to get PNP first.

So here are my questions, and would really appreciate your comments on these,

1: Based on my situation, should I apply for wife SOWP to bring her here on my Convocation (June-2016), but then I see some rejections where they mentioned spouse study/work permit in Canada was expiring so they denied SOWP application from outside Canada. What is the way forward to bring her here at earliest?

2: Is it possible to create EE profile while my Master degree is still not completed? I tried once, and when it asked have you completed all the requirements for your degree and is the degree awarded, I selected "NO" because I am still studying. And after a while CIC sent me message on MyCIC that I am not eligible for EE! Now I am thinking to complete my degree first and then create EE profile, what you suggest?

3: If you suggest not to apply for SOWP now, and wait for PR, could you please guide if we should get medical done in advance? Both for me (here in Canada) and for my wife and kid (in Pakistan) and send reports to CIC?

4: Could you please share the link for required documents for EE? I have gathered already important papers, like degree certificates from matric onward, birth certificate, marriage certificate, child B form, passport etc. What else should I prepare?

5: Whats your view, how much time usually it takes to land here after getting ITA and submitting all documents? ( Again I am curious because if it take year, better I go for SOWP?)

Thanks for your kind favor for reading this long paper and reply.

2:

Maaftgbkum

Jan 4, 2015
Hi guys
Can anyone help me . I got Lmia approved and I also applied for my work permit and it is in processing so during this can I apply for my spouse open work permit ? Or should I wait for my work permit first then I can apply for my spouse ? Please reply me as soon as possible .
Thanks in advance

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
rkapoor said:
@fkl once again thank you for helping a lot
just one more query that as in TRV we show specific reason like convocation or anniversary as purpose of visit but in sowp what shold I say that he is here to support me and we will go back once the permit is expired.
I am not quite sure why this trend of showing reasons in application started. Cover letters were optional - even added much recently.

Still just don't mention convocation or anniversary. DO NOT attempt to say you wish to come only for a short visit and hence need a VISITOR trv.

Make it clear that you wish to apply for RESIDENT TRV (i.e. intending to live with spouse for as long as he/she is there) or SOWP i.e. intention to live together and possibly work here along.

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fkl said:
I am not quite sure why this trend of showing reasons in application started. Cover letters were optional - even added much recently.

Still just don't mention convocation or anniversary. DO NOT attempt to say you wish to come only for a short visit and hence need a VISITOR trv.

Make it clear that you wish to apply for RESIDENT TRV (i.e. intending to live with spouse for as long as he/she is there) or SOWP i.e. intention to live together and possibly work here along.
Thanks so when we apply just mention our previous TRV rejections, with their reason because of short visit and this time tell them that we want to work together

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
@b4ahmad, your description changed everything and i could have written a much shorter answer.

One uncertainty though - (i have never been a student in Canada so not sure), but as far as i remember, while you are on a study permit, all you get is a work permit to work at max 20 hours a week along with study and not more? Note that it doesn't matter whether your study is finished or not. What matters is whether you are authorized to do a full time job currently?

Any way - irrespective of above, Canadian offer letters often just say Electrical Engineer or might describe duties. But you have to intervene - ASK HR to provide DETAILED responsibilities - to make it absolutely clear and preferably write matching NOC code along. You can look at CIC's list of NOCs and duties listed there, but do not ditto copy.

CIC wants details to make it absolutely clear that you are getting a NOC A job - period.

So get this offer letter, attach it - and apply for your PGWP and at the SAME time file your SOWP / Child's resident trv. Do it as a single package in Jan 2016.

1. Though some covered above already, also apply your last rejections GCMS notes - TODAY so you know the precise objection VO put on your prior applications. It could be some document that you over looked and hence can get it fixed in your PGWP app. It takes a month to get notes if you are in Canada - so apply today.

2. No, you have to complete degree first. Otherwise you might create profile with Bachelors for which you will need ECA.

3. Do not plan on getting upfront medicals for PR yet. Only do it after getting an ITA. There is a good chance of results being messed up in case you dont have an ITA and there is little benefit of speed before actual medical submission. EE requires upfront medicals any way.

4. Some important docs that you can get fast are Police certs from Pak, if your spouse name changed after marriage, an affidavit stating so and both her names signed and stamped by a notary. Rest, the EE profile would generate a custom list for you at the end based upon your circumstances. Any job experiences you claimed and got points for would need very detailed experience letters describing roles, time frame, income title etc.
Here is the official link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

5. As of right now, after getting ITA - it is a good likelihood to be able to actually land in under 6 months. Currently Outland FSW applications, as well as in land CEC applications are being processed pretty fast. Chances are a bit low (6+ months for in land FSW as of now). Still there always are lucky unique cases. I know people who got every thing done with in a month but those are exceptions often with a very clear and SIMPLE case, few travels and things to evaluate or have had a past application and gotten lucky some what. Plus the background check for a Pakistani is going to take longer in general.

Dversa

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Hi everybody, I am going to apply my spouse open work permit on first week of january, but my PGWP is validy until Oct 2016. She is in Pakistan and the processing time is 6 months. Is it fine to apply or not ?

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
"FKL"

God bless you, you are such a helpful person.

I am left with only few questions, and I hope you won't mind to respond,

You are right, I am allowed to work 20 hrs per weak with study permit, and I am working 20 hrs, not more than that.

My questions,

1: You have suggested to apply for PGWP and SOWP and child TRV in a single package in 2016. When applying online, CIC asks if you want to apply for another person, should I select "YES" and then complete my wife and son application at same time when filing my PGWP, or should I apply for my PGWP and then after getting confirmation of application received, then apply for family visa?

My concern here is, if I apply together online, I am here in Canada and my family is in Pakistan, our case processing centers will be different, but application will be one. So if CIC get confused they can simply reject our whole application! is my fear genuine? What will you suggest here?

2: When you say apply resident TRV for child, what does that mean? Does it have different application forms etc? I know there are standard TRV forms online on CIC which i filled last time, and even now I checked on CIC website, those are the same forms. I am little confused here about resident TRV vs normal TRV?

3: I have applied for GCMS notes both times and received those. There was nothing mentioned specific, only the same reasons as was written on the rejection letters. Following is the information from GCMS notes for your review

Application-1, REFUSAL GROUNDS DETAILS:
1: Your travel history
2: Purpose of Visit
3: Your personal assets and financial status.

NOTE 2: Application has been reviewed, including all supporting documents. I have considerred current political, security, and economic situation in Pakistan and how it related to applicant. Given the information provided, I am not satisfied that applicant would leave Canada at the end of authorized stay. Application is refused!

Application-2: REFUSAL GROUNDS DETAILS:
1: Your travel history
2: Your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

NOTE 2: Application reviewed, search done. Married women to join husband with infant dtr. Hsb is student. CONCERNS: No previous travel history, low funds, ties limited if family circle in Canada. Based on the information on the file, I am not satisfied that PA would be a genuine visitor. I am not satisfied PA is well established and has sufficient ties to country of origin. I am not satified PA would leave at end of authorized stay. Application refused!

We showed strong ties with home country, had parents, property with $15K in her own bank account. We also traveled to Dubai and Abu Dhabi to make travel history, but all that went to vein.

Based on above information, what would you suggest to add further when applying for her PGWP in January-2016?

Thanks again for your kindest favors.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
*Correction*
Based on above information, what would you suggest to add further when applying for her SWOP in January-2016?

abhina

Nov 23, 2015
fkl said:
Hi,

Did you ever order gcms notes? Any specific details of refusal you could. If i were in your shoes thats what i would do first.

Applying on line doesn't change the visa office or processing time. Your spouse is currently residing in India so it would be visa office in india that would process her application. But yes online is relatively faster plus several other benefits.
Thanks a lot fkl for your prompt reply. Yes we did applied for gcms notes and they had given the same reasons as insufficient ties, source of income, travel history. I applied for my spouse's visa on 2nd december and now i am just waiting. Hopefully she will get this time.

Once again thanks a lot for your valuable advise.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad

No worries - just trying to help with things i know from experience.

1. What i suggested was to select YES and include your family. Apply online and include your family in the application. Although CIC generally process applications based upon country of residence currently, it is possible that in this case they might process those together. The best way for CIC to process applications together as a family is when they receive it together (i did the same way though we all were in Pakistan then). I won't suggest applying separately, there would be little to no way to correlate those.

2. There is no separate way to indicate resident TRV. Just where it asks for intended period of stay - choose as long as yours is valid for. Or may be some thing like "temporary stay - more than 6 months" (if i remember correctly). You would have to do medicals then and processing time would be similar to that of work permit. But you would also be eligible for health insurance in Canada. And upon landing the visitor record that the CBSA officer would issue, would state clearly that it is valid until your permit's expiry and there is no condition for max six month stay. Plus although your kid is younger, this is what enables children to go to public schools here (mine do go to school).

3. I saw the notes and i still think the primary issue CIC had was "concerns being a genuine visitor". Since your PGWP application wouldn't be for visitor intention AND YOU WOULD HAVE a skilled job offer from a Canadian employer - that changes every thing. If you prefer add a cover letter that previously we intended to bring family for short trip (visitor trv). But now they intend to live with me for as long as my permit is valid. Every thing else like adding travel history etc. are irrelevant or at least not of that significance unless the applicant is some body whose profile shows that he / she routinely visits various parts of the world for work / pleasure etc. Only then travel history matters.

Me and at least two other friends with job offers came here with families. None of our spouses had traveled outside of Pakistan before ever. Neither we showed ANY funds in accounts. The primary factors that matter were a) Very strong 7+ years job experiences in the very domain of principal applicant even in Pakistan, making very good income by Pak standards b) Decent genuine job offers from Canada in the same domain.

The reason i mentioned above is that you get a good picture of what CIC evaluates and considers important - when they see that the applicant has a very strong job / income / foundation in home country, it is unlikely that they would ever over stay any where in the world illegally. Owning property, lots of funds etc. is just rubbish - or some not so obvious ways of showing ties.

Hope that helps.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
"FKL"

Nice and precise. Thank you very much for your detailed answer. I really appreciate it and lots of blessings for you. :)

I will be applying visa together in Jan inshallah and may request for your guidance at that time.

Thanks again.