Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
11-02-2016
candy1 said:
Hi
Can you please provide me the no that you used to call directly to the embassy? My husband's application has also passed the processing time of 3 months. So i also wanted to enquire about that. We have also called at the embassy directly but they say that they dont provide information about status information on phone.
Thanks
Candy
I called on the number mentioned on their website. However, they won't reply over phone. Better send your enquiry at this email id - chandigarh-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca. Hope this help

teamfm

Feb 23, 2015
salvatore270 said:
Thank you as always!

Yes, the requirement is 12 months at the moment.

This is our situation:
-in a relationship since July 2011;
- spent one year apart (Aug '11 to May '12) except for visit during Christmas and Spring break (for this period of time I have our Skype transcripts - roughly 290 pages)
- spent the summer together (we can prove it through pictures, not with contracts/bills because we stayed at my family house)
- then she came visit me for the two 3-month rounds to the US (no bills/contracts, tons of pictures)
- from Sept '13 as of today we officially started cohabiting (contracts, bils, etc)

ALSO
according to this website: canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/forms_work-formulaires_travail.aspx?lang=eng my spouse will have to include a Police Certificate request form

according to this one:canadainternational.gc.ca/united_kingdom-royaume_uni/visas/work_permit_cl-permis_travail_lc.aspx?lang=eng
she needs an actual Police Certificate from a Police office

so which one is true?
Hi I am Antiguan and my fiancé is Dominican. I plan on going to Canada to study and I want my fiancé to come with me with an open work permit. We plan on getting married on the 20th of June, this year. I would like to leave this year to start my studies but I am not sure if there is a minimum time requirement of us being married before applying and I don't want to leave without him. We both currently live in Dominican Republic.

1. How long after getting married should we wait before applying? I was told by a Canadian immigration lawyer that it i snot required to be at least 1 year married. But I have read many comments stating that it is required to be at least 1 year married. I was told for sponsoring spouse it is necessary but not for an open work order under a study permit. Please clarify.

2. Since I am the one applying for the study permit, I was informed by the Canadian embassy here in DR, that i need to do it through the one in Trinidad and Tobago, would I be able to mail the application to them? and since my fiancé is Dominican but his application will be sent with mine would they be the ones processing his application as well or would it have to be done separately? Help!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
teamfm said:
Hi I am Antiguan and my fiancé is Dominican. I plan on going to Canada to study and I want my fiancé to come with me with an open work permit. We plan on getting married on the 20th of June, this year. I would like to leave this year to start my studies but I am not sure if there is a minimum time requirement of us being married before applying and I don't want to leave without him. We both currently live in Dominican Republic.

1. How long after getting married should we wait before applying? I was told by a Canadian immigration lawyer that it i snot required to be at least 1 year married. But I have read many comments stating that it is required to be at least 1 year married. I was told for sponsoring spouse it is necessary but not for an open work order under a study permit. Please clarify.

2. Since I am the one applying for the study permit, I was informed by the Canadian embassy here in DR, that i need to do it through the one in Trinidad and Tobago, would I be able to mail the application to them? and since my fiancé is Dominican but his application will be sent with mine would they be the ones processing his application as well or would it have to be done separately? Help!
Hi teamfm

1. You are confusing common-law with being married. There is no condition on when to apply after getting married. You can do it as soon as you have marriage certificate. However, if it's a recent marriage, they would ask for additional proof. Pictures of the ceremony, reception card, tickets / logs of honey moon together etc. Basically any thing which proves it was a genuine marriage and not a contract to get to Canada only.
Common-law means you are not legally married but are living together as a couple. Since there is no legal contract, you need to have lived for at least a year together and should be able to prove it to apply that way.

2. I wasn't very clear on your question. I assume you and your to be spouse live in the same country. It doesn't matter if you are a citizen there or not. What matters is that you are currently a legal resident of a country and apply to the Canadian embassy which is responsible for that country (visitor visa status does not count as resident). However, if you are on a visit visa in DR then probably yes your application must go to Trinidad and Tobago where you are probably a citizen.

To apply together you have to submit your application together. Also you can do that online as well.

teamfm

Feb 23, 2015
fkl said:
Hi teamfm

1. You are confusing being common-law with being married. There is no condition on when to apply after getting married. You can do it as soon as you have marriage certificate. However, if it a recent marriage they would ask for additional proof. Pictures of the ceremony, reception card, tickets / logs of honey moon together etc. Basically any thing which proves it was a genuine marriage and not a contract to get to Canada only.
Common-law means you are not legally married but are living together as a couple. Since there is no legal contract you need to have lived for at least a year together and should be able to prove it to apply that way.

2. I wasn't very clear on your question. I assume you are your to be spouse live in the same country. It doesn't matter if you are a citizen there or not. What matters is that you are currently a legal resident of a country and apply to the Canadian embassy which is responsible for that country (visitor visa status does not count as resident). However, if you are on a visit visa in DR then probably yes your application must go to Trinidad and Tobago where you are probably a citizen.

To apply together you have to submit your application together. Also you can do that online as well.

Thank you very much. Yes you have answered my questions. :D

ramangill

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
Hello
I am on study permit in canada since sept 2014. I applied for my husband's open work permit on jan 21,2015 and yesterday we got a call that my husband's passport has been dispatched. we did not get any email regarding rejection or any medical request. I am just courious what it could be..? can anyone help. :(

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ramangill said:
Hello
I am on study permit in canada since sept 2014. I applied for my husband's open work permit on jan 21,2015 and yesterday we got a call that my husband's passport has been dispatched. we did not get any email regarding rejection or any medical request. I am just courious what it could be..? can anyone help. :(
Hi,

Where are you from i.e. your husband? If he is from a country which requires medicals to get work permit, then it is pretty obvious that its a refusal. I am sorry to say that. But that is the norm. They do not send rejection emails. The returned docs would contain a check list ticking which refusal reasons apply

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
Hi,

It would be resly great if anyone of you guyz could help me with this query?

I am planning to go to Canada for 1year study and will get 1 year OWP. My fiance is doing 2 year study course and will get 3 years OWP after graduation. We will get married once I reach Canada and will be married for more than a year before applying for OWP. I wanted to know, if I can extend my OWP for the duration of my wouldbe as dependent when my one year OWP will be expiring?

Thanks in advance for help!

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ythapar said:
Hi,

It would be resly great if anyone of you guyz could help me with this query?

I am planning to go to Canada for 1year study and will get 1 year OWP. My fiance is doing 2 year study course and will get 3 years OWP after graduation. We will get married once I reach Canada and will be married for more than a year before applying for OWP. I wanted to know, if I can extend my OWP for the duration of my wouldbe as dependent when my one year OWP will be expiring?

Thanks in advance for help!
Hi ythapar,

Assuming you apply for renewal when your spouse is on a PGWP, the additional requirement for you to be eligible for SOWP is that he/she has to have a skilled job i.e. NOC 0, A or B. Otherwise, you will not be eligible for SOWP.

ramangill

Feb 21, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
30-09-2016
fkl said:
Hi,

Where are you from i.e. your husband? If he is from a country which requires medicals to get work permit, then it is pretty obvious that its a refusal. I am sorry to say that. But that is the norm. They do not send rejection emails. The returned docs would contain a check list ticking which refusal reasons apply
Hi fkl
My husband is from India. If this is a refusal, then what should I do next, any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks

ythapar

Feb 23, 2015
Dear fkl,

Thanks for response!

Does that mean my spouse need to be employed for me to file SOWP? Can eligible employ with PGWP (without job) but has skill in NOC 0, A, B file SOWP for spouse?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ramangill said:
Hi fkl
My husband is from India. If this is a refusal, then what should I do next, any suggestions would be most appreciated.
Thanks
Hi ramangill,

Yes medical is necessary from India.
First look at the points mentioned in the refusal letter. Often they are very generic and given little info but at other times they could be specific. If you find it difficult to get the reasons, then apply for GCMS notes. Since you are in Canada you can get those on behalf of your husband with in a month.

Google on this forum if you don't know how to obtain GCMS notes.

Notes would be very specific to your case, so address the concerns and apply.

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello!

Two questions:

1) I was filling out the questionnaire to determine the eligibility of me demanding a study permit and my partner for her OWP. Among the documents required for the application,one stood out:

"Purpose of Travel - Other". What exactly is this document?

2) Among the questions of the questionnaire, I don't fully understand this one:
"Are you accompanying a family member that has status in Canada, or has recently been approved to come to Canada?"

Family member means a relative like father, mother, sister, etc = in this case the answer is no
OR
it means my common-law partner, who at the moment has no status but will have in case her application is approved? = in this case the answer is yes, since we will go together

Thanks!

MGM10

Feb 25, 2015
Hi, I am from the Philippines and working here in Canada as a temporary worker(high skilled). is it possible to marry my fiancée here in Canada or do we need to get married in our country? My fiancée has a tourist visa and it is more convenient for us to be married in here if possible.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
ythapar said:
Dear fkl,

Thanks for response!

Does that mean my spouse need to be employed for me to file SOWP? Can eligible employ with PGWP (without job) but has skill in NOC 0, A, B file SOWP for spouse?
You are most welcome. No - your spouse needs to be employed. There is no concept of having NOC skill without job. This is why i wrote earlier - "Need to have a skilled JOB, NOC 0, A or B"

salvatore270

Star Member
Dec 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
And another question! :)

This is regarding our status in England. My partner and I are EU citizens, so we do not need any visa to stay, study, work in England. Both our applications (study 1294, and work 1295) ask for our current country of residence and our status there.

Our current country of residence is England.

Our status? I graduated last January, so I am no longer a student and not currently working. Should I put "Foreign National"?
My partner is currently working, so she should probably put "Worker", however we are not so sure on when we'll leave the country.

Should we just put "Foreign Nationals" and thus avoid to put "Dates From and To"? Thanks again!