+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

clark14

May 19, 2013
App. Filed.......
March 27,2015
hello everyone

I LEARNED A LOT IN THIS FORUM THAT'S WHY I WANT TO THANK THOSE PEOPLE WHO HAVE GOOD HEART AND NEVER STOP HELPING OTHERS WHO NEEDS ADVICE AND IDEAS ABOUT THEIR SITUATION....I REALLY PRAY THAT MAY GOD HELP US TO BE WITH OUR FAMILY IN CANADA FOR THE SAKE OF THE FUTURE OF OUR CHILDREN...

I also want to ask some advice from you folks about what is better application for my wife to be with me here in canada?

my wife is currently working in hongkong and was refused in her application for working permit in canadian embassy in hongkong on 2008 because of over staying in that country and the refusal letter said that she is unlawfully admitted in hongkong as working visa holder because she is only had a tourist visa at that time until now (over staying in that country).... but she is planing to go back in our home country nxt month to be with my 5 yrs old son and to taking care of our small business ,

can you please advice me if what is the better appication that fits for her and to my son to make them that i can bring them here even a short period of time ..please advice us if she will undergo in TRV, OWP or FAMILY CLASS SPONSORSHIP ( waiting for another 1 or 2 years until i get my PR)

i really appreciate for any help and advice

cilibird

May 21, 2013
Hi guys, really hoping you can help me out with this one.

I am currently working in Vancouver as a biomedical engineer with an OWP until 2016. Me and the wife recently got married (she is based in Malaysia) and she has held a TRV since August 2012 and is valid until 2015 (she has visited me once last year).

She intends to join me in Vancouver in a couple of months time and therefore wishes to apply for a OWP. She currently does not have a job lined up but once she gets her OWP she will start looking for one. In the meantime, I'm perfectly capable of supporting the both of us with my current job.

So here are my questions.

1. Can my wife apply for her OWP (as my spouse) from Malaysia before she goes to Canada? Can this be done online or will it have to be done via an immigration office? I will be working in Vancouver and will not be accompanying her when she arrives at the airport.

2. If she can only apply for her OWP once she enters Canada with her TRV, would she also need to purchase a return ticket? I've heard from my travel agent that visitors who arrive under a TRV without a return ticket are immediately deported.

Thanks alot!

XYZSAN

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Hi Experts,

My husband is in canada and he got 2 yrs LMO and WP till july because his passport will expiry in this july 2013. so he again filed for his passport renewal
So he is planning to get his actual 2yrs workpermit once he get new passport

I am in india. can we file for OpenWorkPermit for me along with my husband workpermit

Can u please suggest on my issue...

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Hi,
My spouse is going for his studies in Quebec in aug 2013.
I had a few questions:
1 - should i apply for open work permit here in India in June even before he leaves for canada?
2 - Do I need a CAQ for the open work permit? I dont see any such option on CAQ site?

Please help!

Dev

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
dev.gavande said:
Hi,
My spouse is going for his studies in Quebec in aug 2013.
I had a few questions:
1 - should i apply for open work permit here in India in June even before he leaves for canada?
2 - Do I need a CAQ for the open work permit? I dont see any such option on CAQ site?

Please help!

Dev
Hi Dev,

I am also looking for same answers.
Did you find answers to these qns.
Can we discuss in more detail, pls let me know if thats ok with you.

Regards
jieu

terki

Champion Member
Nov 16, 2012
FLORIDA - MIAMI
LANDED..........
DUAL-CITIZEN - USA/CANADA
XYZSAN,

two ways:

if you have a trv - fly to canada and convert visa to open work permit,
if u dont have any visa to canada - apply for owp from India with proof of ties that u will return

my experience - specific to ndvo

owp is rarely granted - 10 out of every 100 , trv is best choice , add enough ties and file trv with good representation - arrive in canada , apply owp online - easy and safe way

let me know if need any other info

hope this helps all

dev.gavande

Star Member
May 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12 Apr 2015
AOR Received.
12 Apr 2015
IELTS Request
Sent
Med's Done....
08 May 2015
Passport Req..
31-Jul-2015
Posted by: terki
Insert Quote
XYZSAN,

two ways:

if you have a trv - fly to canada and convert visa to open work permit,
if u dont have any visa to canada - apply for owp from India with proof of ties that u will return

my experience - specific to ndvo

owp is rarely granted - 10 out of every 100 , trv is best choice , add enough ties and file trv with good representation - arrive in canada , apply owp online - easy and safe way

let me know if need any other info

hope this helps all

But i have seen some latest posts where even TRV's are rejected a lot...
its confusing what to do

Also, i am employed, can show the documents, have travelled outside india before on official and personal reasons as well.
I feel its same risk to apply for trv or owp..

I am really confused.

@Jieu2969: Please share mail id, we can discuss in detail.

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
dev.gavande said:
But i have seen some latest posts where even TRV's are rejected a lot...
its confusing what to do

Also, i am employed, can show the documents, have travelled outside india before on official and personal reasons as well.
I feel its same risk to apply for trv or owp..

I am really confused.

@ Jieu2969: Please share mail id, we can discuss in detail.
Hi dev.gavande,

I donot have the privilege to send msg yet. I am a new member. I am sharing my id here 'jieu2969@gmail.com' . Pls send me mail, we can take it from there .

Regards,

saini84

Jun 26, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP Ottawa
NOC Code......
2172 - Business Analyst
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2012
Doc's Request.
Sent with Application
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
June 06, 2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
Nov 2012 (From GCMS notes)
Med's Request
Aug 30, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 03, 2013 (ECAS 2nd line for Medicals Received Sept 30, 2013)
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
10/10/2013
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 01, 2013
LANDED..........
In Canada since Jan 2010 on Study/Work Permit
Go to this thread and see how many spouses have got their visa (OWP)......it always depends on case to case

manisha0320

May 29, 2013
Hi,

My husband is workin in Canada from last August 2012. I do have TRV.His Visa will expire on 14th Jan 2014.So I applied for Open work permit from India on 25th May 2013 through Online application.I had completed my medical exam through my TRV which is still valid.
Please let me know how many days it will take to get the work permit.What is the next step?I just applied and paid the amount 150$ through credit card online.Which region it will go if applied through Online?I am staying in Hyderabad.

Thanks in advance for quick response.

puttu007

May 30, 2013
My spouse has got admission to Degroote School of Business to do MBA. The classes will start in Sept 13. I plan to accompany my spouse. I have few of questions.
1) I would like to work while I am in Canada. So, is it good to apply for the open work permit for me along with the student visa application or just get the TRV and then apply for a open work permit after entry to canada? Which is the safer option?
2) I did the online eligibility checklist to see what all documents I would need to submit with my visa application form. For Open work permit, it ask me to submit "Purpose of Travel - Other" document. What is this document and where can I get one?
3) Based on your experience, do you think its mandatory to have a medical checkup done on all student and work visa applicants? Then do I have to get those checkup done prior to submitting the application?
4) My spouse has confirmed admission from another university also, but have decided to go with DeGroote, though its little expensive than the other one. Will the consulate officials have the information about all admission offers and will we have to explain why we selected Degroote and not the other college?

Your swift response will be much appreciated.
thanks

jieu2969

Apr 2, 2013
terki said:
jieu,

will email you

rgds
Hi Terki,

Thanks for your message. Unfortunately I cannot reply as I a newbie here. I think i need to cross certain number of post before I can avail the full feature of the forum.
Request your to send me a mail at jieu2969@gmail.com

Regards