+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work permit

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
Hai fkl and all

Applied spouse open work permit and TRV for daughter online in Canada (while spouse and daughter in India)

Submitted on March 1 2016
Got medical request are both March 9 2016
Medical done --March 16 2016
Got passport request (daughter) - March 18 2016
Spouse --- No reply after medical
It's been almost 21 days since medical.No response concerning medical or passport request.Is there anything i need to worry about ?any idea what is taking so long now?.
Please help me...

GreenHak

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
India
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-02-2016 - Paper Application
Doc's Request.
Not Requested
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
01-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
Submitted with Application
VISA ISSUED...
04-05-2016
jijialex said:
Hai fkl and all

Applied spouse open work permit and TRV for daughter online in Canada (while spouse and daughter in India)

It's been almost 21 days since medical.No response concerning medical or passport request.Is there anything i need to worry about ?any idea what is taking so long now?.
Please help me...
This doesn't indicate any problem. You outcome is more likely to be positive.

You actually received fast correspondence for medical as an online applicant.

Processing time is 2-3 months.

Keep praying and keep us updated.

Good luck.

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
jijialex said:
Hai fkl and all

Please help me...
Wao, that is really quick. I think processing time for TRV is around 30 days, and for SOWP it is around 2 months for India. So, this is good sign that your daughter's TRV is approved, soon you will hear about your wife too.

Can you please share what is your status in Canada, i.e. student or worker? and did you apply on her behalf?

Regards

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
GreenHak said:
This doesn't indicate any problem. You outcome is more likely to be positive.

You actually received fast correspondence for medical as an online applicant.

Processing time is 2-3 months.

Keep praying and keep us updated.

Good luck.

Thanks for response

jijialex

Star Member
Nov 10, 2013
b4ahmad said:
Wao, that is really quick. I think processing time for TRV is around 30 days, and for SOWP it is around 2 months for India. So, this is good sign that your daughter's TRV is approved, soon you will hear about your wife too.

Can you please share what is your status in Canada, i.e. student or worker? and did you apply on her behalf?

Regards
Last Nov my pgwp is approved and i have job Noc 2174 in BC.i applied with lawyer

Thank you

b4ahmad

Star Member
Dec 5, 2013
Track your Spouse Open work permit at here

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P45oeMrak_df-OdXqjrtIq3Qv1GQe61Xi043EIk3MtY/edit#gid=0

belde

Dec 11, 2015
Hi
My SOWP Got refused and when we applied for GCMS notes last line of it says PA please initiate refund does it mean i get a refund from CIC and if so what is the procedure for claiming it or do they start processing automatically and how will i get it?
Thanks in advance.

faizy786

Jun 12, 2015
I applied for AINP in beginning 2015 under EDS NOC 2282 but havent received my nomination yet I am on PGWP at the moment my wife just received her pgwp she has secured NOC B 1221 job and has already started working there we got married in canada sept 2014 we have a daugher who is a citizen my pgwp is set to expire nov 2016 what are the chances that they will issue me a spouse wp and will it be equal to my wifes pgwp which is upto April 2019 and we both are in canada and what is the wait time and the success rate for this ? My wife recently graduated with a masters degree from alberta she will be applying for ainp under SRS pgworker category next week . Your reply is appreciated .

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
b4ahmad said:

Regards
While it is certainly true that this is quick processing, the shorter duration of trv processing is for a visitor trv i.e. trip of less than six months not requiring medicals. TRV with a visitor record of a child going with parents, requires the same processing time as a work permit, needs medicals and also gets health care in Canada plus no restriction of staying max for six months in one go.

So ideally both mother and child applications should get response together. But at times this doesn't happen as well.

If it gets to a month, I would recommend sending a case specific inquiry asking for mother's update, while pointing out daughter Passport request. Though at this point there shouldn't be any concern.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
faizy786 said:
I applied for AINP in beginning 2015 under EDS NOC 2282 but havent received my nomination yet I am on PGWP at the moment my wife just received her pgwp she has secured NOC B 1221 job and has already started working there we got married in canada sept 2014 we have a daugher who is a citizen my pgwp is set to expire nov 2016 what are the chances that they will issue me a spouse wp and will it be equal to my wifes pgwp which is upto April 2019 and we both are in canada and what is the wait time and the success rate for this ? My wife recently graduated with a masters degree from alberta she will be applying for ainp under SRS pgworker category next week . Your reply is appreciated .
Since you meet both requirements for SOWP i.e. your principal spouse has a PGWP with a masters degree + Skilled (NOC B job), you should get it without issues.

Just provide proper details of her job via an employer letter (offer, pay stub, duties detail) so CIC doesn't have any trouble certifying that her job is NOC B.

It shouldn't take longer than 1-2 months these days on the average.

JWZR421

Star Member
Feb 24, 2016
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
MVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-02-2016
AOR Received.
24-02-2016
Med's Request
Upfront Meds
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2016
krupalpatel41 said:
Hi I applied for SOWP twice and got rejected with same reason so what should i do now?
What was the reason for rejection?

Raj19

Star Member
Aug 23, 2012
do we need to provide official transcript from university for open work permit or the online copy will be okay?

sthomas9345

Star Member
Jun 29, 2015
Hi guys,

Normally if they request for medicals, how long does the process take after that? And how long does it take for the hospitals to submit the result in Bangalore?

Thanks for your help..