Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gimvie said:
Hay Guys,
I am on Post Graduation Work Permit in Canada and doing Skilled Job NOC A.
I got married (Nikkah) in May 15' and registered in Nadra. Now i want to bring my wife in Canada on Open Work Permit but i need some guidlines as i can't fully understand the procedure to apply OPW for my wife.
If any one can tell me what documents we require and how to submit those documents (Either submit Canadian high consulate in Lahore or Islamabad).
What documents would be require from my side as well as from my wife's side.
Also if you can tell step by step guideline that would be much appreciated :)
At this stage i am worried about the process and its getting linger on and time is passing out.
Thanks..
You should have been able to follow instructions available on line for work permit. They are the same for SOWP except few things like

a) You would state type of work permit as open
b) You won't fill any employer details on it
c) You would attach the principal spouse (your PGWP, detailed evidence that you hold a NOC A job, add your pay stubs etc to show you are currently working)
d) Attach enough evidence of marriage (Since it is recent one - you better not limit it to marriage certificate only. Attach pictures / some proof of communication / time spent together).

The process could be simply that your spouse creates a profile online, It would be processed by embassy in islamabad whether you submit on paper or online. But she might be called for biometrics at VFS Lahore. The details aren't were clear to me since biometrics wasn't there when i went through this process. She would also be asked to undergo medicals for the same and the processing time for CIC isb would apply.

Two things you need to put specific emphasis

1. Enough evidence that your job is NOC A since your wp doesn't show that and you need that to prove your spouse's eligibility.
2. Enough evidence of your marriage since it is recent and CIC would want to ensure it is genuine.

Hope that helps.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Husband PCC from Singapore on 15th September
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hey Everyone

Can anyone please advise me about how much time it can take to get the passport back once dropped at VFS chandigarh. My husband went their on 9th December and it was an online application there hasn't been any update to the status yet.

Regards vagaur

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
fkl said:
You should have been able to follow instructions available on line for work permit. They are the same for SOWP except few things like

a) You would state type of work permit as open
b) You won't fill any employer details on it
c) You would attach the principal spouse (your PGWP, detailed evidence that you hold a NOC A job, add your pay stubs etc to show you are currently working)
d) Attach enough evidence of marriage (Since it is recent one - you better not limit it to marriage certificate only. Attach pictures / some proof of communication / time spent together).

The process could be simply that your spouse creates a profile online, It would be processed by embassy in islamabad whether you submit on paper or online. But she might be called for biometrics at VFS Lahore. The details aren't were clear to me since biometrics wasn't there when i went through this process. She would also be asked to undergo medicals for the same and the processing time for CIC isb would apply.

Two things you need to put specific emphasis

1. Enough evidence that your job is NOC A since your wp doesn't show that and you need that to prove your spouse's eligibility.
2. Enough evidence of your marriage since it is recent and CIC would want to ensure it is genuine.

Hope that helps.
Thanks Brove, its so helpful.
which is better way to apply for her, either online or submit manually, if manually then where have to submit them.
2ndly except main application form of work permit, is there any other form she might have to submit
Lastly, She also need to submit passport with initial application?

Thanks.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
gimvie said:
Thanks Brove, its so helpful.
which is better way to apply for her, either online or submit manually, if manually then where have to submit them.
2ndly except main application form of work permit, is there any other form she might have to submit
Lastly, She also need to submit passport with initial application?

Thanks.
You are most welcome.

Online is better - since it might be slightly faster and doesn't have the risk of losing your original docs. Even passport is only asked for at the very end once case is primarily approved.

In either case you would interact with a VFS in your city, each of isb, khi and lhr has one where you have to go in person for biometrics.

If she applies online, nothing original is submitted i.e. just a scanned copy of passport. If she applies on paper, yes she has to submit passport along.

When you look at the actual forms you will know how many. There are many details and docs that need to be submitted.

But basically there are 4 forms - work permit application, Temp resident visa application (since she would need a visa to enter Canada), Family information form and Schedule A form.

Schedule A is mostly about your history (travel, education, employment, political or government affiliations).

You don't have to ask this now. Just follow the online instructions and they would show all of these forms along with what is required.

carmine

Nov 16, 2015
ive asked this several times to no help

1. does an inland owp grant you implied statues?

2. does a temp residt grant you same?

these questions are pertaining to the apps being in processing..
not the actually issuing..
please someone help with this answer as ive called cic ive called customs and ive called canam with no answer
thank you

subtain

Aug 12, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Hello,

This is regarding Stamp from Protectorate of Emigrants in Pakistan which I think is required for my spouse (having open work permit) to board the plane from Pakistan.

One of the requirements to get the stamp is to attach Employment Offer/Contract. Since my spouse is issued an open work permit, there is no employment offer/contract.

How must this situation be handled?

Thanks in advance.

- Subtain

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
carmine said:
ive asked this several times to no help

1. does an inland owp grant you implied statues?
Assuming you mean you only FILED for OWP inland and expect it to be approved then yes. However, there are conditions for this e.g. You were already on OWP which is expiring and you applied for it before expiry, another one is that you have already filed for a PR under Express entry and then file an OWP. IMPLIED status is given for the existing same terms, but not for a different type of visa. E.g. is if you were on a study visa but now apply for Open work permit, you cannot be under implied status and cannot start working until it is approved.

2. does a temp resident grant you same?
This is vague. What kind of temp residence? Are you talking about a visitor visa (TRV) that is issued to a normal visitor for a six month trip to Canada? May be - but again it is not plain yes or no. For instance a family got work and study permits along with trvs (because they were coming from a non visa exempt country). The work / study permits were valid until date x but trvs were valid for another year after x (this has actually happened because of shorter passport expiry of principal applicant). Now their status in Canada expires on Date x (even when they have valid trvs for another year) and they have to apply for extension of status before expiry x.

However, in another case where a spouse of a PR is here on a temp resident visa (visitor) category. It was issued for six months and her spousal sponsorship PR is already in process. They expected it to conclude a little after six months. So they applied to CIC for extension. CIC issued a trv allowing the spouse to stay in Canada for another 3 months since they were expecting PR by then. In this case, TRV does grant the spouse status in Canada. But again this is a specific situation and Note that TRV was approved before expiring of current one.

these questions are pertaining to the apps being in processing..
not the actually issuing..
please someone help with this answer as ive called cic ive called customs and ive called canam with no answer
thank you

You would have gotten more clear answers if you had explained your situation in more detail. Giving limited info and expecting others to do what-if forcasts is never really a good idea.

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
subtain said:
Hello,

This is regarding Stamp from Protectorate of Emigrants in Pakistan which I think is required for my spouse (having open work permit) to board the plane from Pakistan.

One of the requirements to get the stamp is to attach Employment Offer/Contract. Since my spouse is issued an open work permit, there is no employment offer/contract.

How must this situation be handled?

Thanks in advance.

- Subtain
Where ever this is stated, indicate that this is open work permit for a spouse. Attach work permit / PR of husband as evidence. Depending upon which protectorate office, you might need to explain it to them. Reasons are obvious - i.e. the average lot that goes out of Pakistan to work - is not skilled worker and hence aren't granted any open permits for family. But if its a bigger city (Khi, Lhr, Isb/Rwp) it should be obvious. I did that for my spouse in June 2014, but i went along in person. Other cases i know - if husband isn't along, her father should be. You would probably need to get an affidavit signed by father/husband stating so. They would tell you of a stamp paper store outside the office which would do it for PKR 200-300 right away. To be safe you should carry proof of relationship, husband's PR / work permit / job letter, spouse's open work permit and may be a print out of CIC's website page which states that spouse of PR / skilled worker are given open work permits.

carmine

Nov 16, 2015

ty for the info.. and yes i explained in completely in my earlier post... as i stated before
my wife is Canadian born and raised... im here on visitor visa already and temp resid is for my extension.. with that ive applied for owp while we finish getting all paper work together for spousal visa.. i was informed by can/am that this would be best way for me to file as it can take a couple of years to file the spousal visa.. but again ty for your help with answering these questions..

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
carmine said:
ty for the info.. and yes i explained in completely in my earlier post... as i stated before
my wife is Canadian born and raised... im here on visitor visa already and temp resid is for my extension.. with that ive applied for owp while we finish getting all paper work together for spousal visa.. i was informed by can/am that this would be best way for me to file as it can take a couple of years to file the spousal visa.. but again ty for your help with answering these questions..
You are welcome. If you have a Canadian spouse and you are already in Canada, you should file spousal sponsorship in land. Once it is submitted and first stage (sponsor evaluation is passed) you are eligible for open work permit until your case is processed. This is what i remember vaguely.

Without having filed a sponsorship application, a visitor trv or work permit application can easily be refused, since they need grounds to see the basis first.

Hope that helps.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
Hi Everyone

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 7 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
vagaur said:
Hi Everyone

My spouse got an email on 9th December 2015 stating a final decision has been made on his file and passport is required for the completion. He submitted it on the same day and opted to pick up the passport. It's been 7 working days but no response online tracking says being process at chandigarh visa office. There isn't any specific time for the process on website. It will be great if anyone can advise what to do.

Regards
Vagaur
Hi Vagaur, you applied through online application or VAF (Manually submitted application for SOWP)?

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
gimvie said:
Hi Vagaur, you applied through online application or VAF (Manually submitted application for SOWP)?
Hi Gimvie

I did online application and it was processed at chandigarh.

gimvie

Jul 5, 2015
vagaur said:
Hi Gimvie

I did online application and it was processed at chandigarh.
So thats what i am thinking to apply online. But in online application how we can attach our extra supporting documents except application forms. i,e in the case of spousal sponsor there will be lot of documents to show marriage proof like Marriage certificate, pictures and communications . And i also have to attach my pay slips, letter of employment, letter from me that i am supponsiring my wife, my wife;s letter that she want to come to Canada to meet me etc etc..?
So online there will be not too much option to attach all those things. How u managed it
And how to show proof of face books chatting/whatsapp/emails?

And lastly, Did you attached " Statutory Declaration of Common Law form - IMM 54099". As it is mentioned on cic website that it is also need to be filled, but we are not in common law we are in spousal relationship.

vagaur

Star Member
Nov 27, 2014
winnipeg
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2015
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
28-09-2015
AOR Received.
29-02-2016
IELTS Request
already done
File Transfer...
Inland no file transfer
Med's Request
Decmber 8th 2016
gimvie said:
So thats what i am thinking to apply online. But in online application how we can attach our extra supporting documents except application forms. i,e in the case of spousal sponsor there will be lot of documents to show marriage proof like Marriage certificate, pictures and communications . And i also have to attach my pay slips, letter of employment, letter from me that i am supponsiring my wife, my wife;s letter that she want to come to Canada to meet me etc etc..?
So online there will be not too much option to attach all those things. How u managed it
And how to show proof of face books chatting/whatsapp/emails?

And lastly, Did you attached " Statutory Declaration of Common Law form - IMM 54099". As it is mentioned on cic website that it is also need to be filled, but we are not in common law we are in spousal relationship.
Hi Gimvie

I made a compressed PDF file with explanation letter I attached my pay slips and job letter.With passport I attached my Spouse's job letter and study docs in one PDF compressed file. In proof of relations ship tab you can attach your marriage certificate pics wedding card or your Facebook or wats app chat. There is no need to attach IMM 54099 as you are married.