Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shallu7287 said:
Hi fkl,
Its going to be 4 months on 25th. Should I submit a case specific enquiry then. I contacted my lawyer today he told me it could take anywhere upto several months. I am really frustrated about what to do. Please guide.
Thank you.
Hi shallu,

I am not sure (don't remember) which country you applied from. If the stated time is around 4 months, yes you should submit an inquiry.

Even if stated time is 6 months and you haven't until now had any correspondence with visa office, you can still submit one case specific inquiry asking for update.

If any thing it would confirm, they have your file and it is in process and you would get a file number (in case you don't have that already).

If standard processing time is passed and they still say in process and under review, then its a good idea to send ONE EMAIL a month, no more no less.

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
Hi fkl,
I applied on June 26th from chandigarh visa office. My lawyer is saying if we submit an enquiry they might refuse it. What I had in mind was that they shouldn't refuse it if my application exceeds processing time. It was a paper application. I had my husband on my pr file. I had recieved the AOR and had attached that with my husband's application. I have been working on NOC B category.

shallu7287

May 29, 2014
shallu7287 said:
Hi fkl,
I applied on June 26th from chandigarh visa office. My lawyer is saying if we submit an enquiry they might refuse it. What I had in mind was that they shouldn't refuse it if my application exceeds processing time. It was a paper application. I had my husband on my pr file. I had recieved the AOR and had attached that with my husband's application. I have been working on NOC B category.

sbonline

Oct 21, 2015
Hello All,I have a strange scenario,I applied for a work permit to Canada for my wife with our son who are both in Nigeria..she was called for medicals about a month ago,LAST WEEK she got BOTH request for their passport and a rejection letter in her MyCIC. While still confused, days later she logged in to her MyCIC account,no information,as if she has never applied before..i have sent mails to CIC,even tried to call them no response,... I have never seen this before .Please what can she do.anyone seen this before?

Deemax30

Oct 23, 2015
Hi everyone,

I once applied for visit visa in canada because my wife is studying in niagara college,ontario since sept.2015 but unfortunately i was refused for the following reason: family ties in canada, current employment situation, personal assets and financial status and also they are not satisfied that i am going to leave canada after visiting my wife there. As i know i attached our marriage certificate, my working visa here in oman together with my employment letter, leave letter and resident card. And about my financial status i show them my bank statement here and it worth 7,500 canadian dollar. Is this amount not enough?? :( ..

Now i am planning to re apply my application as open work permit because according to CIC i am eligible to apply in this category. Is there someone could help me to give an idea what are the forms and documents needed to apply in this category? And what are the supporting papers that me and my wife should provide to make my documents stronger to apply for OWP? Showing an amount worth 7500 canadian dollar in my account is enough to apply for OWP? Please help. I really need your help guys. Thank you.

Flaggy

Sep 6, 2015
Hi,
Please can anyone help me with sample of invitation letter for SOWP. My wife is on Study permit in Canada and I want to apply from Nigeria for SOWP.
Thanks,
Note:
Is it advisable I apply for SOWP, because I have 2 previous study permit application (May 2014 and May 2015), refused on ONLY INSUFFICIENT FUND, which my lady own was issued visa once, on study permit application, we did wedding before she left for Canada last August ending.
Wont my SOWP application looks like desperate attempt to get to Canada.
Kindly advice

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
shallu7287 said:
@fkl
Could you please tell me what documents should I upload while making case specific enquiry.
It is ridiculous to believe CIC would refuse an application based upon some one sent a case specific inquiry. Asking for status update was never included the criteria for refusal. And after all it is a governmental process and system.

If you are just asking for status update, you don't need to include any document.

Just your file number if you have along with all complete information i.e. name, DOB, passport number, contact info, address, date which applied and if paper application, whatever courier info you have.

simransandhu7

Aug 11, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
16-05-2016
Nomination.....
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
11-11-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
applied for SOWP at chandigarh VFS on 6 aug 2015. got a refusal today stating that they are not satisfied that we would leave canada after our authorized stay
-family ties in canada & home country
-current employment status
-purpose of visit
what should we do now, my husband's WP expires in feb 2016 :( :mad:

jassi2427

Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-July-2015
Nomination.....
15-May-2015
AOR Received.
02-Nov-2015
Med's Done....
28-APR-2016
Passport Req..
21-OCT-2016
simransandhu7 said:
applied for SOWP at chandigarh VFS on 6 aug 2015. got a refusal today stating that they are not satisfied that we would leave canada after our authorized stay
-family ties in canada & home country
-current employment status
-purpose of visit
what should we do now, my husband's WP expires in feb 2016 :( :mad:
That's bad news. I am also scared about my wife application now too. Had your husband also applied for PR or not yet? If he did apply, Did you include some kind of confirmation of that in your file?

simransandhu7

Aug 11, 2014
Visa Office......
CPC-ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-03-2015
Doc's Request.
16-05-2016
Nomination.....
05-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-12-2016
IELTS Request
--
Med's Request
07-11-2017
Med's Done....
11-11-2017
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
03-09-2014
jassi2427 said:
That's bad news. I am also scared about my wife application now too. Had your husband also applied for PR or not yet? If he did apply, Did you include some kind of confirmation of that in your file?
no he has a PNP application in progress

Tomboy

Jul 14, 2015
I am in common law relationship with my boyfriend, and do have a valid open work permit till July 2016, my partner's work permit got expired in July 2015, but we had applied for his SOWP on June 12,2015. we both are currently working NOC 2281 (B category) job, income of 50k each. According to the website, current processing time is 124 days, we haven't heard anything back.. like no updates nothing. Does somebody has similar type of experience, or have any idea why is it talking so long to get SOWP?

fkl

VIP Member
Apr 25, 2013
Canada
Visa Office......
Inland / Previously Pak
NOC Code......
2173/4
Tomboy said:
I am in common law relationship with my boyfriend, and do have a valid open work permit till July 2016, my partner's work permit got expired in July 2015, but we had applied for his SOWP on June 12,2015. we both are currently working NOC 2281 (B category) job, income of 50k each. According to the website, current processing time is 124 days, we haven't heard anything back.. like no updates nothing. Does somebody has similar type of experience, or have any idea why is it talking so long to get SOWP?
You are on implied status as long as you applied before expiry of current one.

Why is it taking so long? It is just individual speculation since CIC never states reasons for change in time line. My take - work permits are just not their priority any more.

Every thing right now is express entry - Permanent residence applications for those who have jobs or nominations - specially already in Canada.

Do you know that there are cases where people are getting passport requests for PR with in 6-15 days of submission of application. Granted this is not the norm, just special clear cut cases.

But by any measures, PR process is cut down to less than 10% of the time it used to take. Down to a month or 2 from couple of years at least.

That clearly shows where their priorities are.

Work permits from in side canada used to take 15-20 days until a couple years ago. Even until march this year, those were still with in 2 months. Since then the time frame has only increased.

butterfly11

Star Member
Sep 14, 2014
nashid khan said:
Dear fkl

You are quite right on figuring out the drawbacks in this case. I very much appreciate the way your are helping with every detail. I hope everything will turn out to be okay once the application is submitted. Thanks a million for the help. God bless you

Nashid

Hi Everyone,

Anybody here applied for SOWP outside Canada and got refused? I used my Alberta nomination certificate to get my fiance unfortunately they said that we did not demonstrate that we are under common law.
We also have a pending application thru PNP and he is my dependent. Do you think it's okay to reapply?
I do believe that we have lots of evidences for our relationship wherein we cohabitated from 2009-2012 then I came here in Canada.
I think my mistake was in the form IMM5409 I put the dates are in conjugal relationship until "present". So I made the officer confused about the dates we live together.

Can I reapply? Or it might affect mg PNP application. I would like him to come here so he can work here with me while waiting for the result of my PR.

Thanks everyone, hope somebody will help me. Frustrating to do documentation and get refuse. But I dont want to lose my hope..