+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit-Please advice

hhsgvn94

Jun 12, 2020
Hello friends!
I hope you guys can help me in my case to apply SOWP for my wife
My case:
I got a study permit approved in February for the Fall 2020 semester when I applied from the U.S as an international student ( I am a Vietnam citizen). Everything was normal and I plan to fly to Canada from the U.S. Due to family members passed away and coronavirus pandemic, I flew back to Vietnam.
My girlfriend was a U.S international student as well. She backed to Vietnam in 2019 when her mom passed away and she decided to stay there for a long time to heal the pain. After going through many hard times, I decide to get marry with her when I am in Vietnam and ask her to come to Canada with me, so I apply for SOWP. Due to the pandemic, any parties like wedding or group of a lot of people are not allowed to celebrate at this time. We will celebrate it later
Our relationship is more than 9 years, so I can find any pictures as proof
My question is
- Can I apply SOWP right now from Vietnam or do I need to fly to Canada and get the study permit to apply for SOWP? ( This is really confused because I asked people and some say yes I can apply with my canada student visa now but some say no)
- Do I need to create a new account for her to apply or I apply for her as a new application under my account that I applied for a study permit from CIC? ( I applied for the study permit and filled out all application by myself)
- Do they ask for her own financial support or my parents can support the money like I show the proof on my study permit?
We are both have an Associate's Degree in the U.S and we are both in Vietnam right now
Thank you very much for all your help.