+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Online Application - Approved (Timeline)

rkapoor

Feb 17, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mistbelle said:
glad to know your application is processed as well in Abu Dhabi. is there a thread specific where we can see the timeline of all abu dhabi applicants.

thanks
not specifically, there is one but that is an old one now. Did you go with upfront medicals?
Any update so far on your application

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permit-application-abu-dhabi-embassy-t129114.2640.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-open-work-permit-apply-online-abu-dhabi-uae-t159624.0.html

goelmanisha

May 13, 2016
How much time OWP visa stamping takes after submitting the passport for stamping from Canada?

sarkris12 said:
Hi All,

Just sharing my timeline for SOWP application

Online Application - on 30.12.2014 ( Applied within Canada while spouse in India)
Spouse has 2 previous visa rejections both student and visitor.No representative was used

Medical Request- on Jan 10th 2015
Medical Passed Medicals Done - on Jan 20th
Medicals Passed - on February 4th 2015
Passport Request - February 15th
Passport Submitted - February 19th
Visa Approval - February 26th

The Application was petty simple, uploaded the required forms - added additional documents as a single
pdf at the explanation letter tab (both mine and husbands)

i hope this helps someone out there

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
did anybody got recently approved through a paper based application in india???

Ritu rani

Jun 3, 2016
Hi there, I am foreign worker in Canada and my job B category and I apply open work permit for my husband last month April 27/2016 I did not get any think form Cic.I apply my application in side of Canada or my husband in Singapore I need to know how long they take process my husband file please help me

goelmanisha

May 13, 2016
Can someone please help me in letting the processing time of OWP from Canada via online submission?
Kindly suggest.

mistbelle

May 7, 2012
Abu Dhabi , UAE
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rkapoor said:
not specifically, there is one but that is an old one now. Did you go with upfront medicals?
Any update so far on your application

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/work-permit-application-abu-dhabi-embassy-t129114.2640.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/spousal-open-work-permit-apply-online-abu-dhabi-uae-t159624.0.html
hello rkapoor,

any update from your application? wen did you submit your papers?

regards,

yadav

Jun 6, 2016
After getting rejected twice from cic new delhi for TRV- Visitor. My wife applied through an Attorney in Canada for SOWP. We applied Apr 22 2016, the lawyer said we can expect to hear from them by end of May 2016. But they havent got any update for now. We are worried why is it taking longer than her mentioned time. CIC website says processing time in India is 2 months and in Canada its 3 Months.

Has any1 applied recently ?

shauryaroy

Apr 11, 2016
I have secured admission for an Executive MBA at Rotman and I want to apply for a SOWP from New Delhi. I have a couple of queries

1. Should i appply online or with a paper application? I am planning to leave in the next 2 months

2. I could not figure our what to write and upload for the following in the SOWP application

# Purpose of travel - Other - What information do i have to provide here? My wife will be accompanying me and will return after the course finishes.

# Letter of explanation - What information do i have to provide in this ? Could your list out the documents, if any

Please guide

Thanks

nikhil.bhatia

Oct 12, 2013
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-11-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
24-11-2016
IELTS Request
O-8 (L-9, R-8, S-7, W-7)
File Transfer...
24-11-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
10-11-2016
Interview........
N.A.
Passport Req..
17-02-17
VISA ISSUED...
22-02-2017
LANDED..........
06-03-2017
Help needed.

today i linked my paper application submitted at vfs new delhi to mycic account and got the application number. I did not know we could do that.

I submitted the application on 18th march with upfront medicals. it says we need you your medical information and we sent you this requirement on 20th april. i did not get any mail from cic. is there any way to upload my document online. my online status says we need info from you but there is no place to upload document. Do you some one know how to contact cic through phone so that i can request them to open the upload document link so that i can upload the copy.

Please help.

jasabi

Jun 7, 2016
Hi there

my spouse is a full time international student in canada and my current status in canada is student but due to some reasons i could not register for my next semester and i am waiting for next year to get register in same program. while i am waiting for next year I want to apply for spouse work permit. but i cant figure out how to apply , does anyone know ?

takamasa

Jan 31, 2016
for spouse open work permit, did anyone get it through the border instead?

Also if do u have to apply for pr of your spouse before you can apply for her spouse open work permit?

ashpur88

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
takamasa said:
for spouse open work permit, did anyone get it through the border instead?

Also if do u have to apply for pr of your spouse before you can apply for her spouse open work permit?
You dont need to apply for PR to be eligible for SOWP. You can apply for SOWP if you are a student in Canada or a worked with a skilled job.

rossdato

Star Member
May 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25 Feb 2016
Doc's Request.
21 April 2016
Med's Request
21-April 2016
Med's Done....
28 April 2016
Passport Req..
18 July 2016
VISA ISSUED...
19 July 2016... Passport collected 22 July 2016
nikhil.bhatia said:
Help needed.

today i linked my paper application submitted at vfs new delhi to mycic account and got the application number. I did not know we could do that.

I submitted the application on 18th march with upfront medicals. it says we need you your medical information and we sent you this requirement on 20th april. i did not get any mail from cic. is there any way to upload my document online. my online status says we need info from you but there is no place to upload document. Do you some one know how to contact cic through phone so that i can request them to open the upload document link so that i can upload the copy.

Please help.
I linked my application too, but I saw all the documents requested for me, i was able to recieve medical n police clearance in my cic acct.. try to search it or open ur primary email...

Unsung

Jun 13, 2016
Hi all, first of all please have a glance at my current status.

I am on a PG work permit in Canada expiring on November 6th and going to apply for an extension next month (early July). I have received my PNP and also applied MY PR application and received the file number. I am working in NOC "A" category. Now the question is I've applied for a Spousal Open Work Permit for my wife who is India right now.

Application applied: April 29th (Online application) (Applied through an Immigration Consultant)
Havn't received anything yet.

Is there anyone out in the same boat?

Cheers