+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Need Help

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
If I'm an International student on student visa and if I want to apply for the SOWP for my wife, how much funds should I show in POF?
And when I get a PGWP, can I extend my wife's SOWP?
You can try. There is no exact POF. You need to show that you have enough funds to cover all our costs if she doesn’t work. It is not only dependent on your finances. The exact criteria is not released. When you have a job in NOC 0, A or B and have applied or received PGWP you can apply for her SOWP.

ssky

Nov 11, 2019
Hello,
Just a concern regarding uploading supporting documents for SOWP within Canada. All Supporting documents like pay slips and offer letter should be uploaded in work permit folder ? as i don't see any separated tab to upload these documents.
Thanks

ssky

Nov 11, 2019
Hello, while filling out IMM5710 form for SOWP extension within canada. In Question 3 as indicated below, instead of " An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit" i am getting " Get a new temporary resident permit ( for inadmissible applicants only). what should i select ?. Any suggestion?

thanks,

Question 3

Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

• A work permit with the same employer
  • An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
  • Restoration of your status as a worker
  • An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit

ssky

Nov 11, 2019
Hello, while filling out IMM5710 form for SOWP extension within canada. In Question 3 as indicated below, instead of " An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit" i am getting " Get a new temporary resident permit ( for inadmissible applicants only). what should i select ?. Any suggestion?

thanks,

Question 3

Check the appropriate box or boxes to indicate if you are applying for:

• A work permit with the same employer
  • An initial work permit or a work permit with a new employer
  • Restoration of your status as a worker
  • An initial or an extension of a temporary resident permit
Any suggestions ?

hoorzad1

Feb 25, 2018
Hello everyone,

I applied for PGWP together for my wife for SOP in July 14. My application approved but hers refused because I haven't submit my employment letter in NOC B and pay stubs (paid bi-weekly and so far working 6 month full time) . I do have them right now and I want to apply for another work permit for her, although, my current contract is until Dec 13, 2019. It's mentioned there is a possibility of extensions.

If I apply now with the current employment letter the application will process after Dec 13 for sure! Does the officer ask for a new employment letter or only look at the submission day the employment letter be valid?

I am not sure if my company give me a new contract so if officer asked for the new one later it would very tricky for me at that time.

Does anyone know about the employment letter date restrictions?

Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

kinnudreamz

Dec 1, 2019
Hi,

I need urgent suggestion. I got a post doc offer in Ottawa in cheo hospital. I have the offer letter and all with LMIA exemption number. My wife is currently working here in India and I am applying simultaneously for both. Work wisa (LMIA exempt) for myself and SOWP for my wife. My offer letter shows 50000k annual salary, flight charges covered etc. My wife will be showing her payslips and salary account. I will be showing my payslips and salary account statement (till July 2019 when i completed my course PhD). Is this enough or should we show any other funds? Salary accounts have roughly 4500 cad.

Thank you in advance.

Kawshalya

Oct 15, 2018
Can anyone help me to find the document package for open work permit. When i go through the 5553 guide, it shows work permit document package. I am confused with" work permit "and "open work permit".

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
I am working in NOC type A job on a closed work permit since January 2020. My spouse has to apply for spouse open work permit from India. How much funds do we need to show for applying for open work permit? Is PF statement provided by my husband's employer in India accepted as proof of funds? And is property valuation needed to show roots to home country? We have a mortgage for the home. Is it good to show the same?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am working in NOC type A job on a closed work permit since January 2020. My spouse has to apply for spouse open work permit from India. How much funds do we need to show for applying for open work permit? Is PF statement provided by my husband's employer in India accepted as proof of funds? And is property valuation needed to show roots to home country? We have a mortgage for the home. Is it good to show the same?
There is no exact amount but you an your spouse should be able to show an amount of savings in your accounts to weather any emergencies like potential job losses or temporary illness/disability. We have seen others have around 10k each but there is no set amount. Showing a mortgage and equity in a property can be includedin your assets. Your employer’s assets isn’t relevant..

naina13

Apr 22, 2019
There is no exact amount but you an your spouse should be able to show an amount of savings in your accounts to weather any emergencies like potential job losses or temporary illness/disability. We have seen others have around 10k each but there is no set amount. Showing a mortgage and equity in a property can be includedin your assets. Your employer’s assets isn’t relevant..
Is 16k CAD in my account fine and my spouse has around 4000 CAD. Can we submit an affidavit that my spouse has access to my funds? Is that acceptable?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Is 16k CAD in my account fine and my spouse has around 4000 CAD. Can we submit an affidavit that my spouse has access to my funds? Is that acceptable?
Impossible to say but yes you can indicate that your husband has access to your savings. There isn’t a published amount of savings required. Would imagine it is dependentbon the whole profile. Best of luck.

Gs98195

Jul 25, 2019
Impossible to say but yes you can indicate that your husband has access to your savings. There isn’t a published amount of savings required. Would imagine it is dependentbon the whole profile. Best of luck.
hello i need to ask you i am international student here and i want to apply for my spouse SOWP and she is residing in India so can i apply for her myself from being in canada through canadian internet ?

can this lead to banned or something if we pay and submit application from canada for her by making application outside of canada by selecting present territory of my spouse india ?