+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse open work permit got approved ! but Kid visa refused!

Nheid

Dec 1, 2022
My tution paid by university and I am in Canada for one year. I have 2 kids not 3.
I am PhD student and one year already passed. Yes, my fund cover my rent for all.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
My tution paid by university and I am in Canada for one year. I have 2 kids not 3.
I am PhD student and one year already passed. Yes, my fund cover my rent for all.
So how long until program is completed? If you have been in Canada for a year may be better to wait until you have PGWP and have a job. That shows you can support your family. Have you lined up care or are children in high school? If elementary, are you on any waiting lists and have estimated the costs? When reapplying you may want to show that.

Kiwiana

Oct 18, 2023
I have a similar situation. My brother is in Canada on a closed work permit and his wife and 2 year old son who are overseas were just approved. But his 13 and 10 year old daughters (who are overseas as well) were denied. Upon inquiery, the consultant told us they submitted application for the girls in visitor visa category. My brother has been asked to obtain and submit acceptance letters from Canadian schools so they can resubmit the girls application in student visa category. My own research tells me that they just need to resubmit application in the correct category (SV) and don't need acceptance letters from Canadian schools as the girls are not in the country yet. My brother is worried that not submitting them will be a reason for a second time denial. What would you advise? Also, how much in funds does he have to show for the two girls (in addition to wife and young son?) to make sure it does not get denied due to insufficient funds?

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021
I have a similar situation. My brother is in Canada on a closed work permit and his wife and 2 year old son who are overseas were just approved. But his 13 and 10 year old daughters (who are overseas as well) were denied. Upon inquiery, the consultant told us they submitted application for the girls in visitor visa category. My brother has been asked to obtain and submit acceptance letters from Canadian schools so they can resubmit the girls application in student visa category. My own research tells me that they just need to resubmit application in the correct category (SV) and don't need acceptance letters from Canadian schools as the girls are not in the country yet. My brother is worried that not submitting them will be a reason for a second time denial. What would you advise? Also, how much in funds does he have to show for the two girls (in addition to wife and young son?) to make sure it does not get denied due to insufficient funds?
If he has a Closed Work permit, the girls need Study Permit
School Admission is not needed
How long is he here?
Show enough funds to sustain a family of 5 - where he lives in Canada
Attach a lease document to show where the family will reside
Has he paid taxes? If yes show that proof
6 months of pay stubs
6 months bank statement