+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit Extension inside Canada (Refusal)

Happygoyal232

Feb 15, 2024
hi everyone,
I am seeking some clarification on my Spouse Open Work Permit application.
On November 10, I applied for the SWOP along with my husband's Post-Graduation Work Permit under his GCKey. While my husband received his work permit, I received a refusal for mine because his documents were missing in my client information.

I received the refusal on February 10 and attempted to re-apply on the same day. However, due to UTC differences, my application was submitted on February 11.

After that, I raised a webform to provide the updated documents for my husband's profile, specifically to state his TEER level.

After that, I discovered errors in my IMM5710 form. The form indicated incorrect dates related to my out-of-status situation and other parameters. (As at the of submission because of UTC difference I only changed the date and forgot to change other things )To rectify these mistakes, I raised another webform to correct them by replacing the documents.

Given the confusion and mistakes in my file, I am thinking of withdrawing my current application and submitting a fresh one to provide clarity to the visa officer. However, I am unsure if this is the best course of action and if it would impact their decision. Could you please advise on whether withdrawing and resubmitting my application would be advisable? Additionally, what valid reason can I provide for the withdrawal in my communication with IRCC?
Thank you.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
hi everyone,
I am seeking some clarification on my Spouse Open Work Permit application.
On November 10, I applied for the SWOP along with my husband's Post-Graduation Work Permit under his GCKey. While my husband received his work permit, I received a refusal for mine because his documents were missing in my client information.

I received the refusal on February 10 and attempted to re-apply on the same day. However, due to UTC differences, my application was submitted on February 11.

After that, I raised a webform to provide the updated documents for my husband's profile, specifically to state his TEER level.

After that, I discovered errors in my IMM5710 form. The form indicated incorrect dates related to my out-of-status situation and other parameters. (As at the of submission because of UTC difference I only changed the date and forgot to change other things )To rectify these mistakes, I raised another webform to correct them by replacing the documents.

Given the confusion and mistakes in my file, I am thinking of withdrawing my current application and submitting a fresh one to provide clarity to the visa officer. However, I am unsure if this is the best course of action and if it would impact their decision. Could you please advise on whether withdrawing and resubmitting my application would be advisable? Additionally, what valid reason can I provide for the withdrawal in my communication with IRCC?
Thank you.
When did your orginal permit expire? When SOWP expired, were you out of status? Did you provide his job letter with 3 paystubs.

Happygoyal232

Feb 15, 2024
The new file I applied was on the same day (8th Feb) I got refusal . I applied my swop with his pgwp but forgot to submit his information in my client information. So the reason for my refusal is because they didn’t find his documents in my profile.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
The new file I applied was on the same day (8th Feb) I got refusal . I applied my swop with his pgwp but forgot to submit his information in my client information. So the reason for my refusal is because they didn’t find his documents in my profile.
So when did your original permit expire? You need to have included his job letter and paystubs.

Happygoyal232

Feb 15, 2024
yes . I have included this. My question is I made some mistakes in IMM form. Can I correct them by submitting a new IMM form through webform

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Sorry my original expired on 7th feb
So you stopped working and you are out of status too. You cannot just apply for a work permit. You must a) apply to restore your status to worker since you are now out of status and b) apply for a work permit with all the proper documentation. So restore and reapply. The work permit will be refused again if you didn’t restore status too.