+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Open Work Permit - Background Check not started while Reviewing Eligibility???

RedDragon22

Jul 21, 2022
NON SDS - Philippines
SP + SOWP + SPMINOR

Hello guys!

We reapplied last May 6, 2022
Biometrics - reflected from prev application(got refused last March)
Medical passed May 31, 2022
Reviewing Eligibility - May 31, 2022
Ghost Update for us(Family of 3) - June 15, 2022

Suddenly, the background check of my SOWP changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". It was "We are processing your background check..." before after biometrics reflected and medical passed.

After days of contacting the Manila visa office for follow-up, I received a reply and they told me that Qatar PCC of OWP is pending. I didn't receive any Request Letter since Reviewing Eligibility. Also, I already attached his Qatar PCC on his client info application.

Any idea how long until PPR? I already requested GCMS from IRCC and CBSA . Requested IRCC last June 14, still not received until now. CBSA will be by August 21

I am very anxious and depressed about our application. Are there any chances that we will still be refused at this stage??? Please help!!! :confused:

Thank you!

Here's the status of our applications:

SP - Main Applicant
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results May 31, 2022 You passed the medical exam.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

OWP - Spouse
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

SP Minor - Son
Background check Not applicable.

Yang 312

Aug 29, 2022
I have the same problem, my Background Check used to be 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information ', and it changed to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' today.

Any update for you?

Thank you very much

NON SDS - Philippines
SP + SOWP + SPMINOR

Hello guys!

We reapplied last May 6, 2022
Biometrics - reflected from prev application(got refused last March)
Medical passed May 31, 2022
Reviewing Eligibility - May 31, 2022
Ghost Update for us(Family of 3) - June 15, 2022

Suddenly, the background check of my SOWP changed to "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check". It was "We are processing your background check..." before after biometrics reflected and medical passed.

After days of contacting the Manila visa office for follow-up, I received a reply and they told me that Qatar PCC of OWP is pending. I didn't receive any Request Letter since Reviewing Eligibility. Also, I already attached his Qatar PCC on his client info application.

Any idea how long until PPR? I already requested GCMS from IRCC and CBSA . Requested IRCC last June 14, still not received until now. CBSA will be by August 21

I am very anxious and depressed about our application. Are there any chances that we will still be refused at this stage??? Please help!!! :confused:

Thank you!

Here's the status of our applications:

SP - Main Applicant
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

OWP - Spouse
Background check Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check

SP Minor - Son
Background check Not applicable.

RedDragon22

Jul 21, 2022
I have the same problem, my Background Check used to be 'We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information ', and it changed to 'Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check' today.

Any update for you?

Thank you very much

No, still the same until now. However, we got our GCMS notes from CBSA and all assessments passed already. Patiently waiting for PPR.

Is it also an Open Work Permit application for you? Do you have any pending police clearance abroad?

Yang 312

Aug 29, 2022
No, still the same until now. However, we got our GCMS notes from CBSA and all assessments passed already. Patiently waiting for PPR.

Is it also an Open Work Permit application for you? Do you have any pending police clearance abroad?
Thanks for the reply.

No, I applied for a work permit with LMIA, I don't have any pending police clearance abroad.