+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse - New Delhi PPR

infolooker

Mar 10, 2010
Hello,

Does anyone know how long should i wait to receive back my passport from new delhi?

Time line:

Dec. 4 - file was transfer to New Delhi
Feb. 2 - PPR sent to my representative
Feb. 4 - Passport was sent.

its over 6 weeks we have been waiting for the passport to return. Can immigration still call me for interview even though they asked for passport? Please share your experience. Thank you.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

infolooker said:
Hello,

Does anyone know how long should i wait to receive back my passport from new delhi?

Time line:

its over 6 weeks we have been waiting for the passport to return. Can immigration still call me for interview even though they asked for passport? Please share your experience. Thank you.
If you check Trackitt http://www.trackitt.com/canada-immigration-trackers/family-class you will see that it seems to take about 6-8 weeks for the passport to be returned. Yes, they can interview at any time.

PMM

anu789

Nov 5, 2008
Dear seniors and friends,

I am MENTALLY depressed with prolonged delays with our application.
Every Monday / Tuesday I hope that something will change on E-CAS and this week lost all my hopes.

It is almost 106 Days completed after New Delhi Started Processing since February 3rd, 2010.

It is almost 70 Days Completed after we send the Passport of me and my son. My son is just 3 years old and he was 2.6 years old when original application was filed at CPC-M.

Also - Immigration File Number is B0558***** [FRQ]
Can you please help me understand what is [FRQ] at the end of the file number. I asked this question to many people and no one answered me. We already ordered CAIPS Immigration file and don’t know when we will receive it.

This is our First Marriage for both of us and our son was born in USA. My Husband used to work in USA on H1B for some time and we were in USA for 2.5 years and my son was born during that time. We submitted all the FBI Clearance and Indian Police Clearance Certificates last year when our application process started.

Our Application is from Quebec and My Husband contact Local MP Last week and on Monday; MP from Montreal contacted New Delhi for Status. Till Now we have not received any response from MP Office.

We send an email enquiry on May 3rd. 2010 and after 7 days they replied that they received our passports and there gave standard reply.

This our timeline at New Delhi –

1. CHC – New Delhi started processing our application on February 3rd, 2010.
2. Initial PPR was issued on February 5th, 2010, but due to postal delay it reached we on February 15th, 2010 and they requested all Indian Police Clearance Certificate.
3. Dr (DMP) already sent completed Medical Examination Reports on February 8th, 2010.
4. CHC – New Delhi returned our Wedding and Son Birthday’s Photos on March 4th, 2010.
They requested for passport again and Latest Indian PCC.
5. We mailed Passports and Requested Documents and CHC- New Delhi Received on March 11th, 2010.
6. My Husband mailed the Quebec CSQ Certificate with some more photos to CHC – New Delhi on March 23rd, 2010. I think Quebec will also send CSQ Documentation to New Delhi directly.

As far as Background Checks are concerned – We stayed only in one country USA for little over 2 years. We submitted Local Police, State Criminal and FBI Finger-printing Clearance Certificates and it is almost 70 days they received all information. I don’t know what they are doing with passport for so long.

We are depressed and unable to focus on life –
1. Is it a mistake or punishment for staying or travelling in a foreign country legally for some time?
2. Are we punished by giving birth to our son in a foreign country?

Please answer me whether CHC- New Delhi will call for Interview again after 106 days and after returning all our wedding and son birthday’s photos.

How to check whether CHC – ND had completed Background Checks?
We are planning to send email case enquiry tomorrow on Background Checks.

We really appreciate if you can help us in any way to find more information.

Thanks
Anu

samrupl

Mar 2, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
infolooker said:
Hello,

Time line:

ya they can interview any time they want but usually passport request means straight visa on ur passport

calgary_flames

Star Member
Feb 23, 2010
Calgary,Alberta
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-03-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
NA
Med's Done....
16-02-2010
Passport Req..
26-04-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-05-2010
Anu
I heard they usually take more time to complete background check if applicant has traveled outside of India.
I am very positive that you will hear some good news very soon, I know sometime taking MP helps speed up the process.
I am sure you will forget all the pain and stress when you will have passport with Canadian Visa in your hand.
Do you wanna bet with me? ;) HMMM!!!
Take Care
CF

anu789

Nov 5, 2008
Dear Friends,

Thanks for responding to my questions !

Just Now I received email response from CHC - New Delhi for my Case Enquiry Send on May 10, 2010. They Responded on May 18th, 2010.

Do You Think they will notify me if there is any Interview after 120 days. As I mentioned they returned all our Wedding Photographs on March 04, 2010. We are were worried about this Interview Call after 4 months. This is our First Marriage, Stayed in USA for 2.5 years, our Son is born in USA, right now my husband is in Montreal and Contacted MP office.

Is the Below eMail response is the Invitation for Interview Call?
Why did they took 4 months to decide for Interview, if any?

Any Advise or Suggestions?
=======================================================================
Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Please be advised that your processing is almost complete and you would be hearing from our office very shortly.

We trust that this information will be of assistance.

Immigration Section / Section de l'immigration
Canadian High Commission / Haut-Commissariat du Canada
7/8 Shantipath, Chanakyapuri
New Delhi
India / Inde

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
That is not a request for an interview. It looks like they are almost done processing.
I'll admit it's a bit odd your case took so long, given that it is obvious your marriage is genuine.