+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse in Canada Sponsorship Form IMM5532e

John1991

Jul 7, 2019
Hi,

I'm filing the sponsorship form for spouse in Canada class and am slightly confused on "Part C - Information about Relationship", "Question 3. Are you living together now?
If yes, how long have you been cohabiting (living together)? Give the period(s) you have been living together after your conjugal relationship started."

We got engaged in our home country last year before we both came to Canada. Post that, I came on study permit to Canada and shortly after, my then fiancee (now spouse) came to Canada as PR.

Initially, I was living for some time with my relatives and then some time on my own. My fiancee was living independently since he came here. We got married March this year. Since then, we are living together.

Technically, we didn't live together before we got married, but we did stay together for few days at a time (sometimes even weeks) every month.

Now, my confusion is, how do I answer this question? Do I need to explain the part where we were living together for few days/weeks before we got married or should I just mention that we are living together since last 8 months after we got married?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Now, my confusion is, how do I answer this question? Do I need to explain the part where we were living together for few days/weeks before we got married or should I just mention that we are living together since last 8 months after we got married?
You're overthinking. Just the period you were living together. There are other parts where you can explain time together/visiting before you ... started living together. If not clear and you think it's important, just write a short letter of explanation.